Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4000th post... Giving something back, Who needs a membership!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 12:02 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up 4000th post... Giving something back, Who needs a membership!?

Well, it's been quite a ride so far, this list has been amazing to me.. Saved me tons of money, made tons of friends, figured out problems I would've had to go to a mechanic or more to figure out,,,, I even got help on physics and other college courses/homework from people here! Everyone I know (friends/family) are amazed at the community this is, from what I tell them. I needed advice on a potential job offer/life change and i posted about it on the off topic forum and got great answers, that there really isn't forums specific for these things anywhere else, where you would get such a huge response. I told my roomate that I made my decision on what I am going to do and that I had gotten alot of advice from people on the porsche mailing list, he was like "Damn, you can get answers to anything on there huh?"
And it's really true, I'm glad I bought a 944, forcing me to find this place.

I meant to do this at my 3000th post, but at the time I couldn't really afford it, but i think I have a spare 20 bucks I can find somewhere to give something back, and pay for some of my excess used bandwidth!

So, tell me if you need a membership and why you deserve it, would prefer it to go to someone who is not a previous paid member, but if you have a good story and you can't afford a renewal, i'll consider it! Thanks everybody,
And Here's to rennlist!
Old 04-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

None for me- already a member, have been for quite some time.

Congrats Devon!
Old 04-16-2005, 12:21 AM
tomc_85.5_944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And to think I paid my dues about 20 minutes ago.......
Restoring an 85.5 to its former glory, hoping to get the wife interested in AutoX. Damn good reason in my book...
Old 04-16-2005, 12:30 AM
badcoupe
Three Wheelin'

I do have previously been my car has been sitting but now the weather's nice I'll be back!
Old 04-16-2005, 02:08 AM
Redlyne_mr2
Racer

For sure zero10, he has thousands of contributing posts. His NA burnt to the ground, he then bought a 951 that was across the continent and he wrecked the engine on the drive here. He has taught himself how to totally pull an engine apart and rebuild it. On top of all of this he has helped myself and another local member with our cars. He is also a currently a student at the University of Calgary. He's the next clark's garage.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Dieder
Advanced

I just bought my 944 and am process of selling my VW
I'm going to miss that rev happy little 16 valve and those Recaros....

I am also going to miss the forums at www.VWVortex.com They were my VW inspiration, guidance and support team. I am very glad that I have found a place for you (us) guys who are as passionate about their Porsches.

I do plan on joining in full membership. Just gotta save up for my crank reference sensor and get back on the road first!
Old 04-16-2005, 05:36 AM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

Can't think of anyone else so my vote goes to Zero 10 as well.
Chris is one helluva nice guy and as stated above; has had pretty poor luck with his Pcars....you might also know him as the guy that's been involved in every recent thread to do with rebuilds and pistons.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:47 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

So, common people who needs one? I'm going to decide in a few days
Old 04-16-2005, 03:59 PM
StupEd05
Pro

I need one. I am on a student budget and beleive it or not that little $20 is very hard to come by! I bought an '83 for more than I should have, and have unloaded every spare dollar since then to get it back to the way it should be. Along the way the car was down for 4 months while I was unable to diagnose a bad ref. sensor ground, which ended up costing me $700 to figure out. However, despite my own current situation, I would have to nominate Zero10 as well. I am currently e-mailling back and forth with him about buying some parts off of him and he seems to be a very nice and understanding person. He is definately a vital member of the community and deserves it more than I.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:53 PM
97xray
Burning Brakes

I nominate Zero10 as well.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

zero10, if you see this, post!
Old 04-16-2005, 08:04 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I think you should make them work for it. Have a contest. Like the best story or something like that . Winner gets a free membership.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Hmm good idea tifo! Except your disqualified due to making the game, because we all know you have the best stories...

If anyone wants this membership, leave a story and you may have a better chance!!
Old 04-17-2005, 04:49 AM
pcarfan944
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Well here is my story. Pretty funny, about this young mexican guy in a old Toyota wagon with his huge girlfriend beside him. We were sitting at the intersection, he was in the right turn lane, and I was next to him in the Porsche. He pulls up to the crosswalk, cranks his wheel to turn right, looking for traffic, when he notices me. I take one look at his beater and his ugly girlfriend, and start smirking (couldn't help it!) He grins, produces the one finger salute, and starts revving his tiny gerble motor. He then drops the clutch (or down into D?), spins the heck out of a single front tire, and BANG: drove right into a parked car that was just in front of him sitting on the side of the road. He hit it so hard, I think the rear wheels actually came clear up off the ground, then slammed back down onto the street; fluids and smoke were everywhere. His girlfriend got out, slammed the door, and started screaming at him in Spanish. All he could do was slink down in the seat prentending he wasn't there anymore. I just grinned and drove away slowly.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he then bought a 951 that was across the continent and he wrecked the engine on the drive here
I object I didn't wreck the engine on the way here... that much, lol.
I warped the head though, that one's all me! Although the worn-out cylinders were a pre-existing condition

pcarfan944, that's a great story, lol.

Sorry I didn't post earlier, exam season is upon me, so I've got my nose in the books, since I'm both at the university, and doing my second year electrician classes distance learning from NAIT (in edmonton), so I'm making a few trips up there in scooby, hopefully it won't get me stuck up there again, lol.

I'd really appreciate a free membership, I'm not a big self-horn-tooter (or something like that?), but I feel like I've done about all that I can to help out the rennlist community (short of a financial contribution), and I'm not too sure what else to say

Oh, and since I'm in a good mood, I just have to post this...

Quick Reply: 4000th post... Giving something back, Who needs a membership!?