Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Seat Group Buy.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 03:49 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Seat Group Buy.

I am organizing a group buy, approved by John D., with your choice of Corbeau FX1 Pro or FX1 seats with brackets/sliders for your specific application. (For other seats, please PM for pricing.)

The brackets included in the price are the more expensive D bracket, which allows the user to retain the factory seat belt as well. If you desire a bracket that does not retain the factory belt, (C bracket) it will be cheaper. Please specify.

Details on the seats:

The new FX1 is the latest offering in affordable racing seats. The FX1 is a masterpiece in fiberglass composite shell design. Standard features include: fiberglass shell with a black gel coat, removable cushion inserts, full body support, 5-point harness capability and leatherette high wear patches. The FX1 will fit up to a 36-38" waist.

The FX1 Pro is the little brother to our FX1 seat. What makes this seat special is its extreme comfort and its ability to fit in almost any vehicle. Based on feedback from our customers we adjusted the width of the seat, added some additional padding, and made this fiberglass seat one of the most comfortable fixed back seats on the market today. Standard features include: fiberglass shell with a black gel coat, removable insert cushions, full body support, 5-point harness capability, and leatherette high wear patches. The FX1 Pro will fit up to a 36 waist

Available colors are Black Cloth w/ Red, Blue, Yellow or Black cushion inserts. All of the different color combinations can be viewed here: http://www.corbeau.com/product...shtml#

You can also view dimensions of the various seats at http://corbeau.com if you want to/need to go with a different seat. PM me about different brands too, I can get group buy rates on those too!

The price is going to be $660 for the pair with D brackets and sliders SHIPPED for the pair!

Payments by PayPal must add 3% to cover fee. As long as Corbeau has the seats and brackets in stock, they will ship within 24 hours of placing the orders. We need at least three more buyers of pairs in order to get this rate. We will not be able to accept payments or begin placing the orders until we have at least three more confirmed buyers.

The list of confirmed:
Eyal 951 - Pair, D bracket, blue or black insert, undecided
tedwright - Pair, D bracket red or black insert, undecided
Brent951 - Pair undecided, D brack, black/black
Mike Desrosiers -Pair FX1 Pro, black/black -- pair black corbeau 4 points - PAID
TB311- pair A4 Microseude, D brackets

I also have special pricing available on corbeau or G-Force 5 point camlock harnesses. Pricing is as follows. Corbeau 5 point will be 110 each, G-Force is 105 each.
~Eyal
Attached Images     

Last edited by Eyal 951; 04-19-2005 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:27 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Do they come with stimulated sheep skin covers?

What's the story on fixed back seats? I was told by someone you should have a brace attached to them that goes to the roll bar. This will keep the seat from collapsing in the event of a rear impact. That the adjustable reclining seats don't need this due to more bracing for the reclining function.
Any truth to this?
IIRC every race car I’ve seen has a brace coming from the roll bar to the back of the seat. I was wondering what rules require this and the above info was given by someone on this particular team.

I’m buying a 928 track car that has an old worn out OMP racing set in it so I do need a new pair consider me interested. I was planning on buying a pair of reclining seats with 6-point capabilities. So any discount on a pair of this I would also like info on.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:52 AM
jc22
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Do they come with stimulated sheep skin covers?

What's the story on fixed back seats? I was told by someone you should have a brace attached to them that goes to the roll bar. This will keep the seat from collapsing in the event of a rear impact. That the adjustable reclining seats don't need this due to more bracing for the reclining function.
Any truth to this?
IIRC every race car I’ve seen has a brace coming from the roll bar to the back of the seat. I was wondering what rules require this and the above info was given by someone on this particular team.

I’m buying a 928 track car that has an old worn out OMP racing set in it so I do need a new pair consider me interested. I was planning on buying a pair of reclining seats with 6-point capabilities. So any discount on a pair of this I would also like info on.
1) I believe most amateur racing series require a seat-back brace for any seat that isn't FIA approved. I know PCA requires it. Ideally the seat is an integrated part of the safety cage structure. Practically, it is attached to the sheet metal which will deform around the safety cage in an accident (not ideal) which is why a seat-back brace should be mandatory.

2) I don't think anything but a fixed-back seat is a good idea for racing and by necessitating a brace, a reclining seat will become fixed anyway.

3) Don't put a fixed-back seat into any car that doesn't have proper roll-over protection (roll bar at a minimum). Stock reclining seats are designed to break in the event of a roll over thereby saving the occupant's neck. I have seen it many times and you wouldn't want to rollover in a fixed-back seat because it would be your neck that breaks before the seat.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:06 PM
OK944
Advanced

Originally Posted by jc22
I have seen it many times and you wouldn't want to rollover in a fixed-back seat because it would be your neck that breaks before the seat.
Could you go more indepth on that, because it just dosen't make sense to me. Any technicle articles that might go in depth perhaps?
Old 04-15-2005, 12:07 PM
luckett
Three Wheelin'

Is the pricing good for a single seat rather than a pair? (divided by two of course)
Old 04-15-2005, 01:20 PM
spedracer18
Racer

i would also be interested in a single seat since mine came with one already. Id like to throw another in there for a passenger.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:55 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

jc22,

This car has a roll-bar. So if I were to buy a pair of FIA approved seats, the back brace is no longer an issue? Interesting.

So about the reclining seats - any truth to them being safer than a fixed back if there is no brace? The argument I was given was in the event a car goes into the wall backwards, the fixed back seats don’t have enough bracing to support your body (235lbs going 100+mph etc…..) where as a reclining seat is more sturdy.
I know my details are sketchy at best, hope you understand what I’m asking.

About your argument on using a fixed back seat without a rollbar - I always thought the rule of thumb was any car with a 5-point. This is because with a 5-point your head is not moving - gets crushed in a rollover. With a standard 3-point belt you still have enough movement when the roof contacts the ground your body doesn't take the full blow.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:01 PM
OK944
Advanced

Now I know that much is true, 3 points are designed to roll you towards the inside of the car if you do you roll over. Where as a 4 or 5 point will hold you upwards.

These cars have a history of rolling?
Old 04-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

I am told that the FX1 and Pro are have a pre drilled hole for a back brace. I will probably eventually get it, but its not a priority right now since I don't plan to race in SCCA etc. For these seats are just for HPDE.
As for single seats, its going to cost a bit more per seat. Take the price, divide it by two, and add 20 dollars. (Still encludes free shipping!) Thats my instructions for single seats (with brackets). Those that want a single seat that live near eachother can buddy up, order a pair and have it shipped to 1 location, will save that extra charge for single seat.
Unfortunatly, the simulated sheepskin press is off center, and we wiull have to wait until they fix it.
~Eyal
Old 04-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OK944
Now I know that much is true, 3 points are designed to roll you towards the inside of the car if you do you roll over. Where as a 4 or 5 point will hold you upwards.

I would imagine that the only real way to roll them is outside force.. (enbankment, Sandtrap, gaurdrail, etc..) I cannot imagine it would be very easy to roll a 944 without hitting something/going offroad.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:11 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by OK944
I know of 2 951's that flipped at Road America during DE's in single car incidents. It's not easy or common, but can happen.

The attitude "I need this safety equipment for racing not DE" doesn't sit right with me. Maybe it's becuase the only track I currently run on is Road America surrounded by concrete walls.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:20 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The attitude "I need this safety equipment for racing not DE" doesn't sit right with me. Maybe it's becuase the only track I currently run on is Road America surrounded by concrete walls.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
I know of 2 951's that flipped at Road America during DE's in single car incidents. It's not easy or common, but can happen.

The attitude "I need this safety equipment for racing not DE" doesn't sit right with me. Maybe it's becuase the only track I currently run on is Road America surrounded by concrete walls.
Hacker, I agree... I'm waiting on my autopwer race bar to be made right now! I think it will be ready in about 2 weeks. the seats and harness should just about get me setup to feel pretty safe in a fast car at the track. I need to get rid of the airbag though. Maybe I'll have a steering wheel group buy later
~Eyal
Old 04-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So where are the seats for the more shapely of us? Say Sparco America?
Old 04-15-2005, 03:37 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyal 951
Maybe I'll have a steering wheel group buy later
~Eyal

That's what I'm talking about!

Quick Reply: Track Seat Group Buy.