Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944Fest Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by sca037
Scott,

Not to worry, we're on it.
We still have to finalize the headcount, but it does appear that a few of us (Stu & possibly Vaughan, etc.) will be going from these parts, and a Porsche Posse sounds like fun. We want to camp, so it seems our van will be making the trip as well so there should be a bit more room for transporting things <like spare tires> down.....leaving the P-cars lighter and more nimble for the roads near Mi-Ohio
In fact, maybe our standard route to get to the track should be altered in favor of finding a more driver-oriented passage? Just something to ponder...

We'll trade some emails as the date draws nearer for sure,
Brian
Brian,

I wasn't sure that was you with the first note. Now that I've deciphered your screen name it fits (037 is the serial #?). Sounds good on the emails prior. It might make sense to start a thread (here), as the day draws near, for our SE MI/NWO posse.

Tony K - are you with us?

Dan P - it's nice you've shifted off the 4th of July weekend. I can still do the Waterford Hills thing and join y'all as well!
Old 04-20-2005, 02:10 PM
daniel951
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think i decided to just to drive up there in another car just to meet up with everyone. me and some friends are going on a road trip to hit up ohio then go to minnesota for the mall of america
Old 04-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
Tony K - are you with us?

Dan P - it's nice you've shifted off the 4th of July weekend. I can still do the Waterford Hills thing and join y'all as well!
Scott - I'm in! Can't promise for the whole three days, but I'll Porsche-posse down with you and the DET/NWOH crowd

I offer my residence as a rendezvous point for Detroit/Michigan/NWOhio people - conveniently right off of I-75 just below the MI/OH border. ...and you can witness the mysterious, dust-covered sunroof-delete early 944 that has been sitting in the underground parking garage at my place since 2002!

...eek, I better do a good detailing job on my car so as not to anger the PO gods!

Hey Dan P - cool - not on the 4th - Thanks!

- Tony
Old 04-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tony K
Scott - I'm in! Can't promise for the whole three days, but I'll Porsche-posse down with you and the DET/NWOH crowd

I offer my residence as a rendezvous point for Detroit/Michigan/NWOhio people - conveniently right off of I-75 just below the MI/OH border. ...and you can witness the mysterious, dust-covered sunroof-delete early 944 that has been sitting in the underground parking garage at my place since 2002!

...eek, I better do a good detailing job on my car so as not to anger the PO gods!

Hey Dan P - cool - not on the 4th - Thanks!

- Tony
Cool!

Keep your eyes open to this spot as the day draws closer and plans get firmed-up. We'll start a thread specific to the Det/NWOH Posse.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sh944
Does anyone want to suggest topics for a tech session that the KCWS (well, me anyway) can host at the 944Fest? Timing belt tensioning is always popular, of course, brake service is another one. What else? Maybe a general service and maintenance tech session going over all the idiosyncrasies of the 944? Throw some suggestions out.

Regards,
OK - aside from the sunroof 101 class...

How about an alignment tent/ area? I'm pretty close on most things but I'd like to get a better handle on caster and exactly what is going on at the top of the struts (it seems as though there is some sort of self-centering action that wants to take place there). Then there is the rear...
Old 05-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sunroof... Leaking PS. Bad grounds. funny sounds.

All can be addressed in a microsecond at 944 fest, It's what WE do.

Quick Reply: 944Fest Updates