Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

87 guards 944 turbo for sale $10k

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 10:23 PM
M@rk951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 guards 944 turbo for sale $10k

Hey guys, im not happy to be posting this msg but i got no choice. As of 5 days ago i left/got kicked from my parents house which in itself is bad news. But looking into apartments the last few days... theres no way in hell im gonna be able to afford the 951 and any repairs that may occur which is more than likely . As far as describing the car, its a guards red 951 with about 68k miles on the engine. Its the car that 9fitty1/poormans9fitty1 did an engine swap with. 130k miles on the body and 68k miles on the engine. (speedo doesnt work but the engine had 64 on it when we swapped and ive only driven it for about 3 months). As far as the body goes it is in great condition. It has a new silver hood on it right now because the original hood had scratches on it and the other parts car had one so why not :P. I also have a brand new gt racing turbo header pannel and side ground effects ready to be painted that the buyer can have. the only two blemishes on the car is right under the passenger side door there is a dent (why i got the ground effects + they look pimp) and under the back left tail light which isnt bad. everything esle is amazing. BRAND NEW seats and dash and carbon fiber trim (amazing looking). No leaks. Brand new spec 1 stage clutch lightened. new lindsey full exhaust with flowmaster muffler, greddy BOV (inc). new timing/ac belts maintenance done. painted rear and front tail lights, clear side markers (inc), cup 1 replicas with falken ze-512's 7.5 by 9's. weltmiester ssk (inc). sony cd player with polk audio speakers. ac/heat/ everything works perfect. Lots to list but all the parts (clutch etc.) have around 3-4k miles on em. I havent really had the car that long but i need the money to put towards a more reliable car and hopefully use some of the money for a security deposit on a new home. Time to move on in life and sadly i have to give up something so amazing oh yeah and it has weltmeister springs in the front too. good suspension . But please if u are interested i live in northern illinois and would love it to stay in a porsche community, for someone who deserves it. my phone is 815 355 3830 or email me at snwboarding86@yahoo.com . thx for all the replies and hopefully i can get some recent pics taken to send in emails if anyone would like to see it and hopefully buy it . Thx everyone
Old 04-11-2005, 02:47 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure on how much I can be of service but these are some pics I have during the swap. The picture of the seats are a pair that we put in his car. Also we stole a dash from my parts car that had 60k no it. So the dash and seats are perfect, no tears rips or anything. The tranny is in awesome condition, it shifts smoothly and quietly. I put on new rear brakes, metalmasters, and the front are good, they are pagids I believe, but do not squeel. The front suspension is Welt 250s with spacers to bring it to only a .5 inch drop in front. Koni yellows all around. Also, Mark just bought Cup 2 rims new with new tires. 225 front and 255 rear. The engine has 64k miles on it. The clutch is brand new, Spec stage one. When I removed the engine out of the parts car, it was stock and was always stock. Not ever chipped. It is in great condition. After the install, we put on Lindsey 3 inch exhaust with a Flowmaster, Tial 35mm, Reliaboost, Guru 15psi chip, full vac line kit, deleted venturi, and a few other things I know I am forgetting. I should be installing a new PS rack this week, this current one is leaking. If you have any other questions just ask mark for my number.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:51 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Forgot to mention it has a weltmeister stress bar.
Timing and balance belts done at 55k.
New TPS sensor and ISV.
New engine mounts also.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:57 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Found an engine shot!
Old 04-11-2005, 06:33 AM
daniel951
Race Car

sorry to hear about getting kicked out of the house. i have been wanting to move out of my house for a while but there is no way i can afford it either with the 951 and my truck. so i am just going to stay put at the house until i can save up some more money . by the way beautiful car. Hopefully it goes to someone that will take care of it.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:47 PM
M@rk951
Instructor

me too . no emails yet though . Im looking into buying a jeep grand cheerokee plus money for the apartment with what i get from the car. Hopefully things work out... although so far i dunno if that will ever happen heh.
-Mark
Old 04-11-2005, 09:05 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bah, I hate being *that guy*, but here goes.....

If you are interested at all in parting anything, I would be interested in the SSK and strut tower brace.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:50 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tedwright
Bah, I hate being *that guy*, but here goes.....

If you are interested at all in parting anything, I would be interested in the SSK and strut tower brace.

HAHA, what? I don't understand. Why would he part out a perfectly good car?
Old 04-11-2005, 11:01 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^^Well, the strut brace can just be taken off, and if he still has the original shifter to put in, he could take off the ssk and sell it. I meant if he wants to part off the extras, not the car......
Old 04-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Opeth
Pro

Lightbulb Dude trust me

Do yourself a favor and go kiss your parents ***!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:34 AM
M@rk951
Instructor

I dont kiss *** sorry, and im going to stick to selling the car outright cause 1. I dont have time and..... im looking at everything going at once. no hassle.... just like the visa check card
Old 04-30-2005, 05:29 AM
FLank Sinatra
3rd Gear

so the timing belt etc has all been changed recently? I might possibly be interested. PM sent

Quick Reply: 87 guards 944 turbo for sale $10k