Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake fluid loss?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005 | 09:54 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Default Brake fluid loss?

Ok, I am losing brake fluid, about from max to half way down in about a month or so. My brakes aren't losing fluid and I don't see any leaks on the ground what should I be looking at? Should I be looking at the clutch master cylinder and slave? I don't see any fluid leak inside the car at all, so where is the fluid going, brake booster? How hard is it to fix with the turbo model, not having that much room? Does anyone have a step by step process of changing them? How long would it take to change them? Where is a good place to get the parts from them? I just spent money on the car for a testpipe because my cat was shot, so I don't want to spend an arm and a leg. Any help would be great, thanks everyone!
Old 04-10-2005 | 10:41 PM
GlenL
Nordschleife Master

Good guess on the brake booster. Pull the vacuum line and probe in the body. I made a "depth gauge" with a big nut tied to a string.

Otherwise check all of the brake line fittings. Pull back the drivers carpet for clutch master cylinder leaks. Maybe jack it up and look for dis-coloration or dirt collection at the fittings. A half cup in a month may not make a stain in the garage.
Old 04-10-2005 | 11:18 PM
Scuba Steve
Burning Brakes

Mine is leaking like that too, slower than that. I had the front of the car raised and noticed a drop of brake fluid drip down from the firewall onto the carpet. Is that a master cylinder leak?
Old 04-10-2005 | 11:34 PM
GlenL
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Mine is leaking like that too, slower than that. I had the front of the car raised and noticed a drop of brake fluid drip down from the firewall onto the carpet. Is that a master cylinder leak?
Sounds like it. That'd be the clutch master cylinder.

Quick Reply: Brake fluid loss?