Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jack: Re: Headlamp Wiring Upgrade for 964 C$

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 08:02 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jack: Re: Headlamp Wiring Upgrade for 964 C$

Given my infestation of the EffectiveBandToolbar parasite I can't respond to your e-mail directly, apparently as you digitally signed the message. So, I will just post the message here and stop the digital biz when you send e-mail.

I'm getting a new notebook but it may be a month or two.

Regards,

Dan

Hi Jack,

Call me Dan, my father is Mr. Wray. LOL!

No, I don't make headlight kits for the 911's as I don't have an example to master, test, and set specifications. Maybe I can borrow a friend's car but the demand is low. (928 guys have asked me the same question). I may be known around the world, but it is in front engined 924/44/68 cars. Your specific problem is your engine and alternator are in the rear and I would have to size cables and the route to make it a plug and play, no pain, type of installation.

If a group of 911 guys really wanted me to do the project, I could. But I would need the critical mass and then steal Jim Benson's car for a week or two. Given his work travel schedule out of the country, that may be possible.

But it will be some work and sourcing parts as I know there are options on the lenses.

So, I'm not saying NO, you get the demand and we see where we go from there. You probably know how my efforts turned out on the 944/24 series. Pretty phenomenal. The 911 series may be even better increases due to the long wire runs that are crapping out.

Regards,

Dan Wray

----- Original Message -----
To: wraydan@msn.com
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 4:11 PM
Subject: Headlamp Wiring Upgrade for 964 C$

Mr.. Wray,

Do you make a headlamp wiring upgrade for a 1989 C4. I installed H4s but I am not confident in the factory wiring. I want to add relays and heavier wiring?
If you do make it - how much and how to order? Thanks

Regards

Jack

Quick Reply: Jack: Re: Headlamp Wiring Upgrade for 964 C$