Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baltimore MD/DC metro area Porsche shops???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Cocytus
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Baltimore MD/DC metro area Porsche shops???

Alright, so it's been a while. The whole Navy thing takes up a lot of my free time.
First things first: I need someone reputable and knowledgeable in the Baltimore MD and/or DC Metro area. My car has some sort of electrical issue that is preventing it from starting. The car sounds like it half-way turns over. I tried jumping it, to no avail. When the car's shut off (no keys in car, headlights all off, etc), the parking lights on the right side of the car remain on. When I turn the key to give power to the car, the hazard flashers blink, regardless of whether they're supposed to be on. Other power, stereo, cigarette lighter, interior lights all work. When power's turned on, all the needles are at the bottom, gauge-wise.

Initially, ALL of the parking lights were on, but the interior lights were out and I checked the fuse (#11, I think) and it was blown, so I replaced it, and when I did, the left-side lights went out. I had the car towed to where I'm staying at in Baltimore, and when it arrived, the right side lights were out, as they should be.

So I have no idea, and since I need to be back in New York by Monday morning, I have no time. I need a place I can take the car to that can work on it, get it done -right- (had too many bad experiences with people not knowing enough about our cars and just winging it), and then fly back down here and pick it up.

Any ideas? It's an '88 944S. Thanks!

-Josh
Old 04-09-2005, 12:38 PM
ODUporschegurl
Instructor

my dad is a porsche mechanic in the dc metro area. its located in McLean, Virginia. the name of the shop is Intersport Performance. they work on imports specializing in porsche, bmw, and mercedes. many of the area porsches frequent his shop. Ill PM you the phone #.
Old 04-09-2005, 01:20 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Also in the area is IMA Motorsport in Fairfax, VA. Ivan Arzola will take care of you there. Because a station is right down from the street, you can drop off your car there and take the metro home.
www.imamotorsport.com
Old 04-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

I also highly recommend IMA, they know 944s inside, out, and in their sleep.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:14 PM
ernestedward
Instructor

Reliable Performance Modifications (RPM) in Newington, VA. 703 550 8420. Trivia: operated by former employees of Intersport (mentioned above).

Quick Reply: Baltimore MD/DC metro area Porsche shops???