Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do your friends think of your car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 06:19 PM
RMills944
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They like it and wonder when I'm getting a paint job. They are mostly VW guys, so they like having another type of german car around to compare theirs with.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:37 PM
jp944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my best friends brought a friend of his over and said, "check it out, he has two Porsches in the garage. Ask him which one runs."

The answer is now 'one' if anyone is keeping score. Pics soon to come.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have many "friends" who are idiots and call the 944 the worst mistake porsche made, the yugo or pinto of porsches, etc. etc. oh well they don't know what they're missing.

but then i also have ones that love the car and love the design and think that all the cool things like balance, handling, and everything else are impressive.

then there are the girls who call it "cute."
Old 04-06-2005, 06:59 PM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishey
Stock Redline is under 7000rpm but mine is 7050rpm.
So do you feel the increased redline has any benefit to you? Is it noticable compared to stock?
Old 04-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well at school, people thought my car was sweet, got a few compliments from random people at college that I don't even know, people usually look as I drive by. My mom told me to sell teh rover and porsche and have them help me get a real car, since I've been carless since november and am still fixing the rover... said no to that though... what fun would a real car be! I don't think I'd have the same love for even a fun car that I spent alot on and didn't have to do much to. I think I need to throw a fair amount of cash sweat and cash into a car to really appreciate it (moreso sweat). It then almost feels like its MY work that has made it so fun, rather then all the manufacturer or dealer doing that, which may not be completley true but thats how ti feels.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Fishguy
Instructor

My parents and my relatives think its fantastic and that I got the deal of a lifetime
though I would say It was a fair price for the region and the low miles (twenty three and a half K) - $5500

I think I annoyed several of my friends the first summer I had it, I must've forced my car into more conversations than was bearable for some of them.

though, can you blame me?

Most of them think its pretty cool, but aren't into cars and so really don't have much of an opinion on it.
Except my current roommate, who drives a '69 El Camino (with 350 no less), he can appreciate my car (and I his, I mean it just got painted, its very pretty and quick). Though I find it rather ironic that my Porsche has cost me 1/2 what his Chevy has so far.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:29 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

Yeah what my friends say, who cares. i used to crawl under a dodge van to fix it. Definately more rewarding to get the 944 right. To those in Neons and anything else (except bimmers) try staying anywhere even close to me on a fifty mile stretch. Also my car gets lots of " nice car" remarks, thats always encouraging. My daughter begs me to let her and her friend take it out, oh to be seen in a Porsche.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:49 PM
944S2
Track Day

Yup...been through it all..everyone saying "O.K. don't you think it's time to grow up and buy a REAL? car?? They just don't get it!! Unfortunately, I don't drive my S2 as regularly as I used to (taking the train to work now), but everytime I drive it...wow, it reminds me what cars should feel like. I had a freind of mine question why I loved it so much, he was saying that if I wanted a fast car to buy a WRX or an EVO...IT'S NOT ABOUT THE SPEED IDIOT...it's about how they feel, the car feels alive! Then I took him for a DRIVE (guy's never, ever think that you cars are slow, they respond very differently when grabbed by the scruff of the neck and given a good caining...unfortunatly it's difficult to explore thier limits on the road)...he just about shat his pants, he latter admited, having been in a few quick cars, never experiencing anything like that...you can't get sideways out of corners in a WRX without having a major accident!!!

LOVE your cars...they love you!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:53 PM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they all talk about taking the "poorshhh" out cruising to pick up girls... and I keep reminding them there is no way girls are A) going to go crazy over a 944 and B) going to fit with with my friend riding shotgun
Old 04-06-2005, 10:06 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

Maybe I should try to get some friends that aren't on rennlist. I think that sums it up for you guys. The girlfriend loves the car and helps working on it sometimes. Now waiting on her to get a Z3 and I'm going to make her do her own oil change on that In highschool I really didn't have friends maybe one or two but that was it. When everyone asked what you drive or what I would tell them and they would be like "Man your rich" and then I tell them that with the wing they put on there car they could have had a 944 lol. Hmm looking back I kept to myself in highschool...
Old 04-06-2005, 10:09 PM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Most of my friends dont care about cars. The ones that do are more into Honda for the most part, but like my car still.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Friendan
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, it's good to hear some familiar stories here.

First off, my girlfriend loves my car, and she loves going for rides in it. She came out last summer to the Front Engine Fest and had a blast!
But I'm the only car guy in my core group of friends, sadly. Then again, I'm alot different from them in other ways. My one buddy though has a Corrolla Levin imported from Japan, RHD (pics in sig ) and we both love cars. We like each other's for different reasons.
But alot of people ask me why I keep it. All I can say is that I love it and it makes me happy. I am graduating soon, so I'll be working full time, and I can finally put the money into it it deserves.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:09 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

"I like how it turns..."

Hmph.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:25 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

It's a crap peice of ****.

my friends suck. I let one guy drive it and he wouldnt shut up about how cool it was. next day at school...ehhh...it's a peice of ****.

yeah..like your 200sx is better right?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:49 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is an interesting thread. But I have had many different opinions on my car from different friends. When I had my K26 in there at 18psi I let my buddies take it out for a drive while I was working on another 951 at the time. I was thinking like they would be back in 5 mins or so. Well, 10mins go by, I am getting really worried cus these guys have only driven FWD and I let them take my car. I do trust them but I was getting worried. After about 15min I hear this loud sound as my car flies by my garage going extremely fast. Then another 10 min go by and they pull in all giggly. They both thank me and excitingly (is that a word?) help me on the other 951 to get it running....lol.

Quick Reply: What do your friends think of your car?