Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Black/White Pinstripe Velour Upholstery (or any vintage pattern?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 04:35 AM
Reece
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Black/White Pinstripe Velour Upholstery (or any vintage pattern?)

In my search for enough NOS Black/White Op Art Pasha upholstery for an early 928 resto, I've stayed in touch with Dave Nunn at www.southboundtrimmers.com in England. He helped me out with Pasha for an earlier project and has kept the last of the original material in stock. There is little left and the choices few. No B/W either. But as a dedicated Porsche retrimmer, he does his best to get us the stuff we need to take care of our cars. He told me he just got in 300 meters (minimum order) of new Black/White pinstripe velour used between '77 and '90 by Porsche. He's got it if you've been searching and I asked if I could plug the business to other Rennlisters because I'm a fan of Southbound. Check out his site and email him with a request for the pattern you have been looking for and if this informal marketing survey indicates it makes sense to order up a roll of something not currently around, presto! Fresh interiors! I'm plugging Southbound on my own and also hoping to help build a stockpile of Porsche materials that otherwise would be relegated to fond memories! This is a great resource for Porsche interiors and I wanted to pass it on. And the rabid claque of Op Art interior enthusiasts in need of B/W Pasha, please email Dave a request. For those of you hoping that the world had seen the last of this pattern, your hopes are dashed. But anyone who offers to be a designated driver and shows up with this material all over his interior is asking for the barfathon that will take place later on during the long, long drive home. A two door, of course, the 928 rear quarter windows are fixed and the remote hatch release hasn't worked in so long you forgot it was even there. The sunroof is much the same for the last year or so and the little hoses operating the climate control have crumbled in a configuration that has the temp stuck on 85 degrees. No matter what you do with the vents, it is just a little on the warm side. You could roll down a window but the switches have been intermittent at best lately and tonight is the night they have chosen to abandon intermittency for locked in the up position. The one thing you have control over are the purple under dash light strips you bought at Auto Zone the other week. Yep they are cool dude. And they show off the new Pasha righteously but could you turn them off? At least while were on this stretch of Mulholland. Please? PLEASE?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:35 AM
gcb951
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be able to help you. I have an 86 951 and it has black and white pin stripes. I don't know if your seats are the same. If you are interested I can take pictures and send them to you and we could work out some kind of deal. Good luck other wise.

Quick Reply: Looking for Black/White Pinstripe Velour Upholstery (or any vintage pattern?)