Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

left front wheel rubbing...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 05:41 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pearldrum944
No, they aren't. I was actually debating on doing it a little, is it that difficult or worth it?
Well i had this problem with my 67' mustang fastback. if you want to roll the fenders in its not that bad. it requires 2 people one with a wooden bat under the wheel well, and some one rolling the car very slowly, or u can just roll the bat but it can be a bit of a stroggle. good luck
Old 03-25-2005, 04:54 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tifosiman
Lots of information missing here. What are your exact alignment settings? How did you "re-adjust the camber"? Who did the alignment?

The tires generally do not wear that bad on the inside due to negative camber. That is usually a caster issue.

If your wheels are late offset like someone suggested (which they do not look like it), they would sit FARTHER inboard without the spacers with no hope of rubbing the fender, so that is definetly not the issue here.

You should check to see what the offset is on those wheels. If it is LESS than 23.3mm, that could push the wheel out too far. They may not have rubbed on Carls car because he has more negative camber and also stiffer springs.
I'm not sure what the alignment settings are; it hasn't been aligned for some time. What I do know before is that looking at the car you could obviously tell that the bottom of the tire was out a couple inches further then the top and that is when I noticed the insides wearing. I just adjusted them straighter with a magnetic level to stop the wear and it seems like it has. What else would be done in an alignment to stop the rubbing problem? Just camber right? I'll have to figure out the offset when possible...
Old 03-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pearldrum944
looking at the car you could obviously tell that the bottom of the tire was out a couple inches further then the top ...
And you're still driving it? Holy &&$$##***!!!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 08:40 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

no, you could before. It had gotten that bad, or almost that bad. I adjusted it almost immediatly after I noticed the first time.

Quick Reply: left front wheel rubbing...