Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauges in center speaker location

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 06:12 PM
schumi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges in center speaker location

I posted a while back asking if anyone had installed extra gauges in place of the center speaker on a 924 or early 944. I went ahead and did it and I'm pretty happy with the results (mind you this is a weekend/track car, so cosmetics are not an issue). I installed a VDO oil temp gauge and the factory clock (I had earlier replaced clock in center console with voltmeter) in place of the center speaker. I used an autometer flat panel that holds 2 gauges (around $15 from egauges.com), autometer angle rings to angle the gauges towards driver (around $10 from same place, which you really need in this location, both to see better and also to give you more clearance in back). I had to make a 90 degree angle metal bracket to attach the panel to the 2 top screwholes where the speaker would attach. Then I cut a hole in the speaker cover so I could see the gauges. Pics are shown. I used 2 flexible small plastic looms to run the wires up the speaker location from down by the driver footwell.

Quick Reply: Gauges in center speaker location