Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered my Corbeau Forza seats!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone suggest other corbeau seats? Pete944/Tifo feel free to speak up!
Old 03-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get the proper threaded and longer bolts from Stable Energies - a Porsche speed shop. They ship, plus they are a long time supporter of PCA- NNJR.

www.stable-energies.com.

-Z.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took the cover off my Corbeau Forza seat and added a layer of closed-cell foam. The stuff they make those camping rolls from, about 3/8" thick. I tapered it over the tubular frame so that it was only about 1/8" thick as it went over the bar so that I'd have even pressure on my back. Worked out pretty welll..
Old 03-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 62 Posts

that sounds like a good idea Danno. I know exactly where I can get more foam too!
Old 03-18-2005, 12:48 AM
L8 APEKS
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're interested in other seats, we sell quite a few.

www.performancecenter.com

I was going to pick up the Forzas for my 944 as well. With the foam they should be fine. It's a racing seat (~18 lbs), not a cushy sport seat. Big difference. I want the Forza because it's one of the lightest you can find.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:09 PM
mroberts
Burning Brakes

What's the difference between an aluminium seat, a carbon fiber seat, a fiberglass seat, and a tubular steel seat ?
Old 04-18-2006, 05:26 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Tubular steel - like the Forzas are a perimeter frame with spring webbing that supports your body. The aluminum, f/g, etc. are a solid molded shell that has a covering over it. Your body would be supported by the f/g, aluminum or whatever.

I have Forzas in my track car. I only used it on the track once before it died, but they are a huge improvement over stock seats for holding you in place. My only complaint is that *I* had to take out the cushion to sit in it properly with my helmet on. When you sink down, it gets a bit tighter in the hips. I put the cushion back for the drive to/from the track. '

No long distance driving yet.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:54 PM
mroberts
Burning Brakes

From an out and out racing point of view, does that mean the Forzas are less than ideal, since there is no hard shell ?

The racing group I'm runnign with requires carbon or aluminium, but says nothing abotu glass. Any reason they wouldn't want fiberglass seats ?
Old 04-18-2006, 06:08 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I almost bought a set of Corbeau's last week, but in the end their lack of FIA homologation was a deal breaker. For track use I would much prefer to see that some testing was done to ensure the seat won't shatter on impact. Something tells me there is a reason the non-FIA Corbeau FX1 Pro (a formed racing seat positioned above the Forza) is only 279, which equates to the CHEAPEST available base FIA Sparco, the Sprint. The Sparco equivalent to the FX1 is the Evo or Rev 5 Plus, both of which are around 600 and change, or double the similar Corbeau.

I've decided to go a bit more expensive route and get an Evo for my driver's seat, and then add a Sparco Speed for passenger/instructor. I won't have one of those too often so that side is a compromise to save a few hundred bucks.

At the end of the day I just couldn't kick down for a cheap seat... just made me too nervous thinking about spinning and going backwards into a wall with something I don't trust.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Mike C.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a pair of Corbeau GTS II seats for my dailer driver 944. So far (used only a few days), it seems pretty comfortable and supportive. I'm not sure what the factory mount brackets are like but I used 3/8 steel bars across the Porsche sliders and then drilled the appropriate holes for the seat mount bolts. The GTS II mounts are closer together than the OEM seat by around 4 inches. I'm not thrilled with the seat being up a little higher. It may be my imagination but it does seem my head room is less. I'm going to check if the factory brackets have any bends to get the seat lower.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:57 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Well FWIW, I'd probably upgrade them when I'm done spending to fix my engine. The cheif reason I got the Forzas over a similar no-name brand was name recognition. I could recoup close to what I spent on them.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my Corbeau Forza seats!