Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Car vandalism

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Stuttgart 944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Car vandalism

Today my F-250 tire was punctured while I was in school. It was parked in the back parking lot of a local Taco Bell which I do have permission to park. I'm reeeeally pissed about it because the tire will cost a lot. This isn't the first time this kind of **** has happened to my cars. Our Mercedes' soft top was cut with a knife and also the paint was scratched by someone. These aren't just random hits. It is probably someone I know who I don't like but I can't prove anything. Messing with people's property, especially cars, is just pure ignorance and I'm really getting fed up with it. I dont know what to do. I need some advice. Please. I'm trying to vent calmy but it's hard. How should I go about trying to find the culprit or is it pretty much near impossible? If I do find out who did it, then what? AHH I hate stupid people!
Old 02-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There's nothing you can do, other than stop parking at Taco Bell.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can sit and wait.
cheap camera maybe?
Old 02-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Stuttgart 944
Racer

The problem is that if this has happened to two of my cars then there is no question that it will happen to my 944. I would really hate to see anything happen to my Porsche, more so than any of our other cars. Would a security system that has mini cameras be worth it? I don't understand why people don't confront me if they have a problem instead of messing with my property.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:59 PM
chilix
Instructor

That is awful. Is it a high school that you go to? or college? Either way I would go and report the incedents to someone of authority like maybe security or the head office (at high school) so that they will know to be on the look out if it happens again.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Stuttgart 944
Racer

I go to high school. I talked to the manager of the Taco Bell tonight to see if they have security cameras for the parking lot and she said they don't. So I have no proof whatsoever. This will force me to find a better spot to park (which is hard to do) or not drive to school.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Weltweite
Advanced

Try getting some of those motion cameras installed. So it turns on when someone is messing with your car. You'd prolly need 3 to cover all the angles of your car. If you choose to do this, make sure their small so the guy or girl doesn't see them.

It would be better if they damaged your car and you found who did it, rather than them seeing the camera and fleeing to return another day.

Other than that, there isn't anything you can do. I seroiuslly would do the camera plan though. (it's reasonable, not too extreme either)
Old 02-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Weltweite
Advanced

Originally Posted by Weltweite
Try getting some of those motion cameras installed. So it turns on when someone is messing with your car. You'd prolly need 3 to cover all the angles of your car. If you choose to do this, make sure their small so the guy or girl doesn't see them.

It would be better if they damaged your car and you found who did it, rather than them seeing the camera and fleeing to return another day.

Other than that, there isn't anything you can do. I seroiuslly would do the camera plan though. (it's reasonable, not too extreme either)

Or park your car exactly where you parked last time, on the same day, and same time, and do a stake out Criminals always return to the scene of the crime.

Maybe some easy bait too. Just leave a 20 dollar bill under the tire, or a Piece of paper with writing on it in visible view. They will be so curious and walk up to read it.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Stuttgart 944
Racer

Where could I find motion cameras for a car? Anyone have a link or know where to find them? I think that would be my best bet. I would rather pay money to protect my car rather than fix damages.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:28 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

It was probably a reefer addict who slashed your tire. They seem to hang out at Taco Bell after pining away a couple blunts and getting the munchies. I just "weeded" down the possible slash pool at your school by 97% with my crime tools learned from years of watching the Bloodhound Gang.

I expect a thank you.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:37 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
It was probably a reefer addict who slashed your tire. They seem to hang out at Taco Bell after pining away a couple blunts and getting the munchies. I just "weeded" down the possible slash pool at your school by 97% with my crime tools learned from years of watching the Bloodhound Gang.

I expect a thank you.
We need to meet - you should really come to 944Fest this year. I love your sarcasm... you would fit in with me and my brothers so well

Really you should come!!! I'd love to see that 930 in person!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 12:50 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
It was probably a reefer addict who slashed your tire.
Yeah- those Bastards killed Kenny too..

On Topic-

it sucks- wait till your beloved PCAR is smashed open. I can break kneecaps for $200.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:13 AM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

Do you have a list of suspects? Do you know if any of those people carry a knife around - like some fancy shmancy pocket knife or other folding knife? I like the camera idea. You could set them up from inside the car if Taco Bell won't let you put them on the building. I doubt I or anyone else would notice a little lens peaking out from behind some pile of "junk".

Same offer goes for the knee breaking if your in SoCal
Old 02-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Swagger93
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend used to drive his red 1991 MR2 turbo to school. The thing was like a fire engine out there, everyone noticed it and despite an expensive alarm system the car was vandalized several times within a short period. The final straw came when someone keyed the entire side of the car, through the clear coat. He no longer drives it to school.

I had my passenger side mirror broken on my 1990 9000 turbo too, and coincidentally it was right after I beat another student in a second gen rx-7 at an intersection choke point earlier that morning. High schoolers go to outrageous lengths to defend their inflated egos, so be very careful; driving a Porsche to school has a certain stigma attatched to it.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:36 PM
icat
Race Car

I make it a rule to never **** off stupid people.

Quick Reply: OT: Car vandalism