Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SPA Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Dark Lightning
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SPA Gauges

To avoid hijacking the pillar pod group buy thread, I'm moving this over here.

Originally Posted by 944 Fanatic
Ed,
Yes they are SPA Design gauges. I didn't pay quite that much for them but it was north of $200 each. They are dual gauges, the one closest to the windshield displays oil and water temp, the one closest to the driver displays boost pressure and air temperature. The digital readout is nice and easy to read, although some may prefer a regular analog dial. The backlight on them is either green or red and can be dimmed. I like em, and when you consider that each is 2 nice electronic gauges, the price wasn't all that bad. Some will disagree. If you get these, you will need to drill small holes in the pillar to accept the peak/hold Function buttons, no big deal.
I found the best deal on them at www.bimmerforums.com - their online store carries the whole line. Only issue I had with them is the goofy BSPT boost sensor. (British standard pipe thread, try finding a fitting for that in the states.)
HTH

Edit: not bimmerforums online store, www.bimmerworld.com
Duplicating a BSPT isn't necessary for installing SPA sensors. It turns out the BSPT is actually only 1 thread different per inch when compared to NPT (the US National Pipe Thread, available in any hardware store), and the guys I've sold SPA gauges to just use 1/8" NPT taps.

Here's my how-to on wiring up SPA gauges.

http://www.spatechnique.com/ - This is the SPA website for their US operations.

If there's enough interest, I'll get vendor status here and offer a group buy with a price that'd knock your socks off. And for the sake of causing some drool, here's the cockpit of the car I sold last summer:

1997 Eagle Talon - that's about $1550 (retail) in four gauges.

Quick Reply: SPA Gauges