Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* Is it me or are Porsches subject to more accidents then most other cars? *

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Weltweite
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well If they consider it totalled, I think they just buy the car of me, and pay me the money.

Their estimate on the bodywork itself was $6,500 but that is of course going through their expensive dealers and whatnot. I could get the body work done for a lot cheaper than that. As far as Engine, I haven't heard from them about it really.

If I keep it, It's definitely turning into a Racecar (the chassis is good)
Old 02-13-2005, 07:12 PM
QPG
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it's porsches in general. Let's broaden it to people who have nice cars. Weather it be a classic, "garage queen", daily driver, ford, chevy, dodge, BMW, Audi, Jag, etc. We maticulously take care of them, inside and out and hell they mean more to many of us than our wife/husband. Be it subconcous or not, I do think the rest of the world has it out for those that live, eat, sleep and breath for our cars.
My "74" pick-up in college and just after, got hit no less than 8 times, (what a sweet truck, I miss her) from parked in dorm parking lots, my apartment parking lot, to restraunt parking lots (out to dinner with the folks), stopped at a red light... rear ended by a woman so high on drugs she couldn't even communicate with the cops... stopped at a stop sign, and this kid had his head in his GF lap while trying to turn a corner. It was sweet revenge though, the kid, took it to court to try and get out of the ticket and say it was my fault. When his GF took the stand in his defence, she even said he wasn't paying attention. That was so sweet. The judge ripped him a new one after the GF said that.
And not once when my PU was hit while it was parked did anyone fess up and leave a note. Just left me with the bill to fix it.
Bottom line is if you have something nice, nice enough to be proud to drive the rest of the world is gonna be gunning for you.
Or then again maybe there are just certain cars, not brand of cars destined to be hit, they have a magnetic force, that draws the screwballs to run in to them.

Quick Reply: * Is it me or are Porsches subject to more accidents then most other cars? *