Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autobahn Northwest

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Crippler
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autobahn Northwest

Just an update on the transaxle I bought from Autobahn Northwest (karkannibal). It took alittle over 4 months to get it from him, but I did indeed get it and is was as described. After this transaction I will not likely buy from him again, but hopefully Mike can get his buisness turnaround and others will. The product appears to be great and I would say he never had the intention of trying to rip people off he just needs to get his customer service issues resolved.

Anyways , thanks again Mike(autobahn northwest) for the transaxle, hopefully I can get a full summer in this year without breaking something
Old 02-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the update! I'm glad you guys resolved this and posted a POSITIVE follow up!!!

Always nice to hear happy endings!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Tom Carson
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Crippler
Just an update on the transaxle I bought from Autobahn Northwest (karkannibal). After this transaction I will not likely buy from him again, Anyways , thanks again Mike
are you thanking him for the grief he put you though?

my dealings with him have been the worst eBay experiences I've ever had. 2 items...1 after 10 emails I still have not received and the other I paid an extra $20 over what he wanted but got only a partial shipment (and then only after at least a dozen emails). of course he says he answered all my mails…total BS

he asked for the shipping address over and over (I guess he can’t check PayPal??)…sent me late payment notices for stuff I paid for months ago, then acknowledged his mistake but I’m still waiting for him to send the stuff

what a waste of time...and like you, NEVER AGAIN !
Old 02-04-2005, 11:01 PM
fossil_fuel
Instructor

Yep, glad to hear the trans managed to make it to you Crippler. Amazing what you have to go through to make people move though.

Tom, sorry to hear that you are still out in the cold. I have been going round and round with this guy trying to help people get taken care of.

I say don't give up, just keep hounding him.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:39 AM
Crippler
Instructor

"are you thanking him for the grief he put you though?"

No, not at all, I am very angry about the quality of service provided, but very happy and releived that I actually got my transaxle
Old 02-05-2005, 01:50 AM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We should start a club, for bad experiences with this guy. Looks like I was one of the first to get burned, but definately not the last. I hope everybody here has learned a lesson from our inconveniences.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:59 PM
fossil_fuel
Instructor

Hey Crippler you going to pony up the bounty on this guy or what?
Old 03-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Tom Carson
Burning Brakes

now that he knows he is about to be shut down Mike Swindon has sent out an email via eBay saying he is sorry about all the problems. it’s just the same ol' BS "I was sick"…"My computer broke"…yadda, yadda...says he want to make everything right and to send him a letter (via the US Postal Service) with what eBay items are outstanding because he has lost all the records.

what total crap ! !

he has caused this himself...he ignored hundreds and hundreds of complaints (yet he always collected his PayPal payments almost immediately…his computer seems to work ok for that task)

he has used up all his excuses...he thinks it is ok to steal from 1 out of 10 customers and be abusive to anyone who gives him bad feedback. he blames everyone but himself and now he is caught and wants another chance (that is, if you are stupid enough...and PLENTY are that stupid)

who said "you don't have to steal from everyone to be a thief"??

using phone lines and the mail across state lines to defraud people are federal offenses and he should be arrested and ask the judge for mercy, not us

for us, it's time to 'pile on' !
Old 03-13-2005, 05:21 PM
944_S_TYPE
Three Wheelin'

I recieved the same ebay "sorry" message, after I paid for and recieved my parts...I bought an alarm lock with a key, The back was cut open and re glued..... I am wondering if I should even bother ripping my car apart to install it.....
Old 03-14-2005, 02:11 AM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe people are still getting burned by this guy. I was the first, and I knew I wouldn't be the last...
Best of luck to everybody who has dealt with this poor excuse of a business man.

That said, 944_S_TYPE I would only install it if you feel comfortable ripping it all back apart if it ever comes apart again.

Has your alarm lock failed in a similar fashion?

Quick Reply: Autobahn Northwest