Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm in big trouble, the S2 may have to be sold.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts

I think the problem is that the courts have been lied to so many times by people trying to get out of service that the truth does not stand much of a chance. Good luck to you.

Now. Playing Devil's Advocate here... if I were running that company I'd have some sort of plan in case I lost the only salesperson. I would call around to some friends and find a salesperson who is out of work and hire him for a month. Pete, they cannot fire you or replace you permanently due to this jury service, so your job will still be there when you get back. If the company cannot manage without you what would they do if you got hit by a bus?

Hell the temp can even play the 'I'm just a temp' card and call a bunch of your customers to see if they need upgrades. "sorry to bother you, I'm just temporary help and I don't have the account notes."

-Joel
Old 02-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pete944
Retirement fund? No such thing.
Sorry to hear wish the best!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:34 PM
StupEd05
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There ARE ways out of it. Make the biggest fuss you can. Do what was suggested and call the local news (KC has "Problem Solvers"). Get a doctor friend to say you have been in a serious accident. If by some chance you do have to file for bankruptcy, is there a way to sue the judge for not recognizing the situation and letting you off? If the court system gets you into that mess, they sure as hell better get you out! Or just dont show up cause your "sick".
Old 02-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Take ME to court with you tomorrow. Guilt by association should get you outta there.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:45 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Jfrahm
I think the problem is that the courts have been lied to so many times by people trying to get out of service that the truth does not stand much of a chance. Good luck to you.

Now. Playing Devil's Advocate here... if I were running that company I'd have some sort of plan in case I lost the only salesperson. I would call around to some friends and find a salesperson who is out of work and hire him for a month. Pete, they cannot fire you or replace you permanently due to this jury service, so your job will still be there when you get back. If the company cannot manage without you what would they do if you got hit by a bus?

Hell the temp can even play the 'I'm just a temp' card and call a bunch of your customers to see if they need upgrades. "sorry to bother you, I'm just temporary help and I don't have the account notes."

-Joel
That wouldn't work for my job. We do kitchen cabinets and countertops. I have to know every detail of every product line I can get and many that I can't. I have to design, measure, estimate, giive the lead time, order the materials, draw up the plans and coordinate the entire job. A temp couldn't do it and neither could any one else who works there.
The business has been struggling badly over the last year or so due to a depressed economy in our area. One month of no sales will close the doors. It;'a already come close a few times. I've been actively looking for a new job but not having any luck so far.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:49 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

pete, this is horrable. whose the federal judge?

i suggest you get legal counsel.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:54 PM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pete, you are in my thoughts, buddy. There must be something that can be done...
Old 02-01-2005, 07:57 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Pete-

PM me. I'll buy the car from you. I'll just sell it back to you when you're done. Cant say I can give you what its worth, but enough to keep you alive and kicking until you can buy it back at same price. If you sign the title over you can even keep it in your garage or something (Im outta room at el Rancho UDPride). At least if I have it, you know youll get it back. Basically a free loan. Car is collateral. Its in my interest to sell it back to you because I need another pcar like I need a hole in the head, and you need the car back to get the equity in it back.

I'll do whatever I can to get you through it chief.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:06 PM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Pete,
This is absoulutly insane! If there is anything I can do to help i'd be more than willing. I can't buy your car like UD had offered but i'll do you one better. If you have to sell the car and have no way of getting it back once all is said and done. I have a 86 951 here that i'd be willing to let go to get you back in the saddle again.

Let me know if there is anything i can help do.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:08 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

Pete,

What happens if you fell asleep in the jury box tomorrow? For the whole day? Aren't jurors tossed out for precisely this reason? Maybe 48 hours in the can for being in contempt of court would be a better outcome than 30 days of trial.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:01 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 89magic98
Pete,

What happens if you fell asleep in the jury box tomorrow? For the whole day? Aren't jurors tossed out for precisely this reason? Maybe 48 hours in the can for being in contempt of court would be a better outcome than 30 days of trial.
Don't think that the thought hasn't crossed my mind. I'm considering breaking my leg so I can get out on a medical reason.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:14 PM
car_slave
Pro

Maybe this is the time when you write a letter to the editor about what an ******* the judge is. I think the defendant's attorney with cry mistrial in no time when they read that one. Sounds like you may have let things go too far at this point though. Wish I had read this earlier in the day, then I would have asked one of our veteran court reporters at the paper, but I’m leaving town for a couple of days tomorrow.

Good luck, but it might be up to you to "creatively" get yourself dismissed from the trial. Could bring you a little shame, but will do the trick. Start writing a blog about the trail and leak it to the press, or accidentally let it slip that you researching the case on the web at night.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Clint's 944
Burning Brakes

It may be a long shot but.... Maybe you can call family court and explain to one of the judges that by serving you will not be able to pay your support. Since you wouldn't want to jeopardize the future of those you love... Who knows..maybe they can put in a call.

I'm in the same boat as you. The last time I was called for jury duty I called my divorce attorney. She called the judge and explained my need to work to provide care for my daughter. Judge excused me the next day!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:35 PM
nineeagles
Pro

Hey Pete....keep your chin up....I really think that UDpride is a fine fine person to offer to cover you at this time of need....I wish I could offer that, too but I don't have that kind of extra cash right now....There has got to be a compromise here with the judge...he is overstepping his authority....of course you must abide by the law and not get yourself in deeper with a contempt charge...you must take the legal route....DON'T BREAK YOUR LEG!!!!.....I think that just the child support issue is just the beginning....Yeah, do what you have to ....maybe the us attorney's office or you state representative.....something.....this really bites.....I am angry for you and what ever I can do to help please let me know....thanks UDpride for the offer to Pete....you rock.....
Old 02-01-2005, 09:50 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

good luck pete. hope it works out in your favor.

Quick Reply: I'm in big trouble, the S2 may have to be sold.