Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Negative grnd wire?-update to No Start help..

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 09:02 AM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Negative grnd wire?-update to No Start help..

When replacing the negative battery cable I noticed a 8-12 gage grnd wire with a loop connector that was not attached to the mounting post near the S/R sensors. I reconnected it anyway and saw no results. Anyone know what this brown grnd wire goes to and why was it not even connected? Ran either way.

I see yesterday one tail light stays on so I have a short somewhere or is it the brake light switch is bad? The light is the outer most light at the curve in the red lens. No other lights are on the other side of car.

I wonder if my car needs completely rewired! I have the S/R sensors to check yet and if it still won't fire looks like a complete tear down removing all this POS Porsche electronics! I have half a notion to make Porsche replace the entire electrical system free as it never was good from day one. I have electrical receipts/warranty repairs up the wahzoo. Tells me I bought a electrical LEMON! Never was right so fix it! errrrr!

Any clue as to what this grnd wire was for and why it was not even connected to begin with?TIA!
Old 01-26-2005, 02:42 PM
TheMAXX
Instructor

I can’t help with the no start problem.

But as far as the taillight staying on.
If it is like my car, if you leave the turn signal as if you are signaling for a left turn, the taillight will stay lit after the car is turned off. This is not a bug but actually a feature. It has something to do with leaving your car parked on the side of a narrow road while you are in the pub. I think it’s a European thing. It should work the same way on the left and right side. And if the chime works in your car it should sound when you take the key out to indicate that the light is on.

If this isn’t the case with your car then its time to start some slow and very methodical troubleshooting.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:52 PM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Kevin that may be the ticket! I will check the signal as I do think I hit it.

Quick Reply: Negative grnd wire?-update to No Start help..