Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P/S pump mount hardware

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Clint's 944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P/S pump mount hardware

Hello All!!

Well, while I was changing the Oil Pressure sender, I noticed that the power steering pump was sitting kinda funny and the adjustment rod was broken. It explained the excessively loud screeching I was getting at start up for the last couple of days!!

I have no recollection of how the mounting hardware is supposed to look like. I am apparently missing the front side or possibly the the whole thing is caput. It seems that there is supposed to be some kind of bolt passing through a removable sleeve(s)? All I have left is one sleeve and a broken bolt!!

Anyone have a parts list and/or diagram of the mount hardware and orientation?

Also, can I drive the car without the P/S belt without hurting anything while I order replacement parts?

Thanks..
Clint
Old 01-16-2005, 07:56 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

There is an adjustment bolt with an eye on each end.

The pump swivels on a bolt in the front and a bolt in the rear, or a bolt and nut, I can't remember exactly. They are 13 mm. They each pass thru a sleeve, the sleeves are different lengths. I think the one in front is longer.

I have all of the hardware if you need it and can't find it new easily. It's sitting in a box in the garage from when I removed my power steering system.

You can run the car without the belt to drive the pump. The steering will just be heavy as hell.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Clint's 944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heck...since you already have everything, I'll PM you on Thursday to get a price, shipping....etc. Whew...you gotta love Rennlist!!!

Thanks...

Quick Reply: P/S pump mount hardware