Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHERE'S my 9 Magazine for the Porsche Enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 08:14 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just received an issue yesterday, and it's the same old thing-bad paper, spelling and sytax errors, answers that end mid sentence never to reappear, etc. Worst was the advice for someone who bought a 944 out of storage, who asked about the need to change the timing belt. He says you need a $40 belt and 'one or two hours' to effect a belt change. No balance shaft belt? No rollers? No water pump?

I'm sure Brian is a great guy, but still . . .
Old 01-19-2005, 11:11 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I am confused...what is rennlist for?
What better way to save paper then to go electronic....
In fact- you have an interactive magazine right here with pictures you would never get in any magazine!
I am a fan of print, however as this and many forums prove there is strength in numbers. I applaud his effort. He obviously is a fan of the water cooler, but Brian if you read this thread....asking for help is not a crime, and there are more than enough people on rennlist who want you to succeed...and would probably help for pennies on the dollar if not for free!...assuming nobody wanted to start a rennlist magazine
Old 01-19-2005, 12:18 PM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by testarossa_td
Ok, I am confused...what is rennlist for?
What better way to save paper then to go electronic....
In fact- you have an interactive magazine right here with pictures you would never get in any magazine!
Old 01-19-2005, 12:54 PM
The_Phantom
Three Wheelin'

9 Magazine? They are a bunch of disorganized bend over charlies. lol. I bought their back issues in .pdf format on CD-ROM and after a month they still hadn't sent it. I called a bunch of times, was ignored and then filed a mail fraud complaint. The mail fraud complaint stimulated them into promptly sending the CD-ROM. They said that they would give me a free subscription for wasting my time. I never got magazine one from that free subscription. The back issues on CD-ROM are ok, but not worth fighting them to get the magazine sent or subscribing, IMHO.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:11 PM
buckshot
Addict
Rennlist Member

i found the magazine is somewhat informative, but very poorly written. all of you are correct, he needs a proofwriter and the recycled paper bags it is printed on need to go.. good thing i only renewed one year at a time.
this is my second year of the subscription, and have only rec 3 issues so far i think. there is no way
it is a bi-monthly publication, maybe every 3 months or so one comes out???
i saw a bit of improvement for a while about a year ago, but now its kind of back to where it was when i first subscribed.
buckshot

Quick Reply: WHERE'S my 9 Magazine for the Porsche Enthusiast