Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another street racing thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 01:51 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Oh C'mon Tifo, that doesn't count, they were driving a Cavalier so that cannot count as street racing. Had they been in a "real" sports car they would have been able to maintain control and they would not have crashed.

/had to say it jokingly before someone else did in a serious tone.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:19 PM
faithless
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe, nice work Tom.

Those of you with an opinion in this whole matter, vote in the poll I made. (not the one tifosimian linked) It should give a pretty realistic look at how people on Rennlist view spirited driving/wreakless driving.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/179815-better-street-racing-poll.html
Old 01-12-2005, 02:32 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by faithless
hehe, nice work Tom.

Those of you with an opinion in this whole matter, vote in the poll I made. (not the one tifosimian linked)

Please keep me out of this. I am disgusted by this whole thing and want nothing to do with it any longer. What a load of crap.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:45 PM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Porscheophile,

I agree with you completely, speed limits are there for the weakest driver, i am 21 w/a 2.5 yo son and am married, i have been in 3 accidents one was some lady pulled out infront of me while i was accelerating at 35MPH, the other two i got rear ended WHILE AT STOPLIGHTS!!! <------ That is the reason the spedlimits are so low, people dont pay attention, on a side note my 6 month old son was in the car when a moron rearended me at 35-40 mph in my 89 prelude and I whipped my door open and started to get out in rush hour traffic but my cousin pulled me back in, I wanted to... ANYWAY. I honestly believe tha tthe US will never have something resembling the autobahn, and its because of what you are saying, any dolt with money that can read 4 o5 words can get a license, I am very lucky, dont get me wrong my time is coming and i know it, I slip up every now and then and wonder what the hell i was thinking. But you want to hear the part that I like the best, I by far speed the worst on the highway, speedlimit is 70, i normally run 85, I have never gotten a ticket on the highway, (knock on wood) (knock harder on wood) and i know i have been spotted a few times, but i signal my lane changes, i dont tailgate, i dont swerve in and out of traffic. I respect what the cops are doing, and they see that i drive with that respect, and leave me alone (or so i think!!) One thing you need to keep in mind, if people were honest when they get pulled over it would be much easier to let the cop have sympathy, BUT the cop wonders what the next BS I have to get to the hospital etc story he's gonna hear. One more point, I drive in Canada quite a bit, the speed limit over there on the highway is 100KPH/60MPH to keep with the flow of traffic at times i have to do 90 (not that i complain) but they have manditory vehicle inspections, and very strict rules, does it make it a PITA for them, yep, but you dont see POS cavilears with doors zip tied shut. Untill we start re-educating people things wont get any better. I have talk with Tom before and I dont believe for a second that he will change his judgement one bit, I bet he will throw the book at the next person that comes in for street racing and thats great, I dont think he would do it tojoe blow who was late for work.

Mark

Quick Reply: Another street racing thread