Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAMN someone backed into my car RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005 | 08:18 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

I'm sorry, man!
Old 01-11-2005 | 09:20 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

That seriously does suck. BTW j/k on any malice towards your neighbors - there's enough ill-will in the world! Was the S2 in question your own car or one of the ones for your ongoing buy / sell efforts? It looks nice in any event, hopefully you end up getting a decent respray job out of it.

BTW nice hand cannon! I considered a Desert Eagle, but (1) they're crazy expensive, (2) awkward and (3) useless from more than about 20 feet away. Then again though, they ARE awfully fun to shoot. . .
Old 01-11-2005 | 11:14 AM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Originally Posted by Rock
Yell at me all you want. Im 17, who cares. ive had my fair share of elderly folks. The vast majority of them still think that they know everything just because theyve been takin craps for 75 years. Some of them even go crazy and think we should still own slaves and stuff.
i am utterly appalled by the total lack of respect and immaturity on this board. rock.....how much life experience do you think you have? at 17 you have not had your "fair share of elderly folks." you do realize a lot of their friends died trying to protect our freedom.

george has got the best attitude. it's just a car. i used to be paranoid that someone was going to put a dent in my immaculate M3. but you know what.....there are more important things in life than my car. i have learned over the years (i'm all of 32) that the small things really don't count. when you loose a loved one, that's what really counts. not a dent in your car.

rant off.
Old 01-11-2005 | 12:01 PM
randyvitaha
Instructor

I have an 86 that was hit by a semi. Consider yourself lucky!
Old 01-11-2005 | 04:53 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

A car is just a car with few exceptions. I was just frustrated after a day like yesterday and getting cuts vacuuming out broken glass in the damn rain and having to semi install another piece of glass in the same damn rain with the jerk neighbor who is always looking for a bone to pick with me about "auto repairs" in the driveway. If he had it his way, the car will have an inch of water in the cab right now. For any youngsters, one day, you will be that old fart IF YOU ARE LUCKY and it comes much faster than you think. Its one of those things no one can explain or describe to you until you go through it. Its a life experience. Jeff, I got this one as a daily driver so I have something late model I can drive other than my 89 951. I had that IAI .45 automag IV for 15 years and put so many round through it I had to take it back to the manufacturer for a barrel replacement. They thought it was a rental gun and never expected someone to put 10s of thousands of rounds of hotloads through it. I shot some heavy loads through the last barrel where some of the shell casings cracked in the chamber from expansion and will not eject. Its funny though at the office at IAI, there was a picture of Clint Eastwood holding the original automag .44 cal in one hand while shaking hands with probably the owner of the company with the other. Its no good for anything LESS than 20 feet and I used to be able to shoot 1.5 inch groups from 75 feet years ago. For less than 20 feet, you just have to use it as a hammer. The desert eagle 50AE is a much heavier gun but with much less kick than the .45 winmag. After getting used to either the automag or the super redhawk, you can shoot a +p+ compress powder loaded 9mm out of a baretta 92FS with two fingers like a cap gun.
Old 01-11-2005 | 05:50 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Hey, I'm surprised no one mentioned the fact that you can bang the old guy for some new 968 door handles-make sure that gets done!
Old 01-11-2005 | 06:00 PM
109er
Racer

Default Do 944s just attract this kind of thing?

Had the same exact problem back in May... left my car at my parents' house while on a business trip (I lived in the 'hood at the time). Came home to find his neighbor across the street had backed into it right at the junction of the front left quarter panel and the door. He was very apologetic, and paid cash to have it done at a shop of my choice... so in the long run, it was a GOOD thing because the shop I took it to (Auto Elite in Va Beach) also did some extra cleanup and blending work on the left side for me. Did a damn good job, too!

So yeah, it sucks now, but there may well be a bright side to the damage (read: 968 door handles).
Old 01-12-2005 | 12:21 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by Legoland951
A car is just a car with few exceptions.
No doubt Lego. For sure Joe and I are not trying to dismiss your pain or frustration in the least. It's just some others are, well, being asses.

Originally Posted by Legoland951
For any youngsters, one day, you will be that old fart IF YOU ARE LUCKY and it comes much faster than you think.
No joke dude. I just turned 44 and I don't know where the last 20 years went. Kind of scary, especially since my dad was 64 when he died (20 years from now). Time really flies when you become an old fart. Make every day count.

Ichi Nichi Issho - One day, one lifetime. I try hard to remind myself to live by that.

On another note, Lego, IIRC you're a marathoner. On Sunday I run my first full marathon - the Houston Maraton. Wish me luck.
Old 01-12-2005 | 12:23 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by 109er
Had the same exact problem back in May... left my car at my parents' house while on a business trip (I lived in the 'hood at the time). Came home to find his neighbor across the street had backed into it right at the junction of the front left quarter panel and the door. He was very apologetic, and paid cash to have it done at a shop of my choice...
Your parents have a very honorable neighbor. Stories like this help me maintain my faith in humanity.
Old 01-12-2005 | 12:27 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by joseph mitro
i am utterly appalled by the total lack of respect and immaturity on this board. rock.....how much life experience do you think you have? at 17 you have not had your "fair share of elderly folks." you do realize a lot of their friends died trying to protect our freedom.
NO FREAKIN DOUBT! I wish I knew more about my father's time in the war. We just uncovered a bunch of his photos from India where he was stationed during WWII. We owe those who served in WWII more than we can ever repay. I'm in awe of what they did.

Be grateful for those who serve(d) and those who have given the last full measure of devotion. There should be many more elderly folks in this world but they died while fighting to keep us free.
Old 01-12-2005 | 12:36 AM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

Amen, I would like to add that ALL service people are owed a debt of gratitude that we all could never repay. THANK YOU.

As for the elderly. I am realy disgusted by the lack of respect that some people show to those among us who are aged. My thoughts, they have been around longer and could have something usefull to teach us. BTW George I also include you in this group. J/K My wife would hit me for that, because she turns 41 in a couple of weeks.
Old 01-26-2005 | 11:55 PM
htown84
7th Gear

I have to say I would be upset, but I just dont see the point in bashing the old man who hit it. I agree with joseph mitro, all of the people basing him are probably not any older than thier early 20s. But just for the record for the older readers in here I am only 20, but not all of the people my age are that immature when it comes down to it. Also to those of you who are praising the ones of us who have served, thank you. I have friends today who are in the military and are still fighting today, so I thank you on behalf of those who cant do so themselves.

Rock to you I say this: Grow up. Be careful who you are talking about, your parents are getting up there in age I am sure, and so are many of your faily members. It happens to all of us, and one of these days you will be there, just think before you speak. If you cant say something appropriate, then just save us all and dont speak. Remeber I am not that much older than you are, but I have grown up more than you could imagine.

Last edited by htown84; 01-27-2005 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2005 | 01:28 AM
Boricua944
Pro

Sorry to hear bout the car. At least no one was hurt. Saying that refering to the accident my parents had 5 years ago. My dad was goin to get gas for the fishing trip the next morning. My mother being the loving wife tagged along. At the gas station, they park at a pump, pull out the tanks, and fill them up. Finished and having casual conversation between the two behind tha car while loading the tanks. the car behind them cranks her van, puts it in gear mashes the gas instead of the brake. My mother being 4'10 ends up under the car with exhaust pipes burning her legs 3rd deree thankfully she was unconcious. My fauther had both legs pinned between our station wagon and the van. Took 16 guys to flip the van over because they were afraid of injuring my mother any further. Dad was on crutches for a good while, mom was in hospitol for six months still both scares on her legs. That being said a car can be replaced but not the life of a human being. Thank God you weren't opening your door to go for a nice lil cruise in the P-car at that time.
Old 01-27-2005 | 01:37 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Bah. Sorry Joe...

Now im not saying that all old folks are bad, not at all. There are a ton out there that are hillarious and i enjoy talking to, but it seems that there are other ones (my stepgrandma is one of them) that havent contributed ANYTHING to society, and yell about every problem on the planet, yet have a solution to nothing. Yes their generation died for our freedom, i cant give my thanks enough, hats off to them. Our generation is out there dying for our freedom, and you best damn be willing to bet ill die for our freedom in an instant... and just like Geo said, there are 17 year old who think they know it all and damn i wish i had a nickel for everytime i ran into one of them... i dunno im just kinda sayin stuff, but sorry anyway
Old 01-27-2005 | 03:29 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Sucks good luck finding a new door.-chris

Quick Reply: DAMN someone backed into my car RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!