Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Load off my shoulders!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 08:21 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Load off my shoulders!

So i just got done with my belts and pump. All new front seals. Got a new oil sender unit which knocked out three leaks alone!!! So now my car is leak free, got the timing on it right. Also put in a new (used) upper blance shaft. Previous owner either thought he was a mechanic or took it to a really bad one!! The sprocket on the upper balance shaft was loose so the person decided, that is instead of buying a new key and sprocket which would have cost a whopping 35$, this guy decided to grab a flathead screwdriver and hammer the sucker in there, break it off and hope it doesn't slip. bad idea. That shredded my balance shaft belt!! It looked like frayed rope and after i pulled it out a few of the teeth were missing, well i found them on the floor. In two weeks i got a page of things i needed to get done,done, so i am thrilled!!! Runs smoother and has a a scotch more power now that the timing is right. Oh, i also replaced all the front bushings. I was entirely missing one torsion bar bushing!!! thats all for now, just give it a month...
Old 01-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations. Sounds like you put in a substantial effort and it's paid off. I love reading updates like this one!
Old 01-09-2005, 08:29 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

i must say it wasn't all on my own. My grandfather has been wroking on engine's for years!! he is also a machinist, which comes in handy!! Everything i've learned, it was from him. WE actually rebuilt a chevy half ton inline 6 3 years ago, that was my first major exposure to engines. But im learning to do more and more on my own.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:47 PM
7thStranger
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dont that feel good

Quick Reply: Load off my shoulders!