Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Need help getting a codec for audio during video playback

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 03:41 PM
wombat7
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Need help getting a codec for audio during video playback

Since I can't view the off topic forum, I guess I will post this here...

I got a digital camera/video camera to use to get in car video when I autoX and just to take pictures. When I try to play the video on my computer, i get an error saying i need the FourCC 45 Codec, but Windows won't let media player install it because it doesn't recognize the publisher. Does anyone know where I can get this, or what I can do to get windows to let me install the codec?
Old 01-09-2005, 12:37 PM
wombat7
Three Wheelin'

Bump... I know there are some fellow computer nerds out there. I can't find where to get this and I need it!! Help!!
Old 01-09-2005, 01:06 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I assume you have the codec itself?

IMHO the easiest way (I dont know of a quick easy way to force anything on Windows Media Player) is just to get a media player that isnt a royal POS and a pain in the butt.

I use one called Media Player Classic. It doesnt have all the ""features"" of Windows Media Player (the web junk, the annoying skins, etc etc) because it looks like the OLD Media Player, the one from Windows 98 days. It will play damn near anything if you have the codecs, including DVDs. Low memory useage too, and best of all a small clean interface. Its all I use for movies.

Both versions are about 1200kb.

Media Player Classic FOR WINDOWS 2000 AND XP ONLY

Media Player Classic FOR WINDOWS 98 AND ME ONLY

Edit: I cant find anything relating to the FourCC 45 that you posted. FourCC is a identification system to tell programs what codec is needed, but im not sure what the FourCC 45 would be. If you need it, I can post about a handly program that will tell you what you need.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Windows media player sucks. Get a different player to do whatever type of file it is and live happily error-free forever more. Generally if it involves Microsoft, it's gonna' be more trouble than it's worth.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:34 PM
ernestedward
Instructor

Try VLC. Works more often than windows media player for me. No ads, no spyware, small footprint. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Quick Reply: OT: Need help getting a codec for audio during video playback