Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REALLY annoying starter and idle issue...PLEASE help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 04:42 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default REALLY annoying starter and idle issue...PLEASE help

just doing some troubleshooting here. my engine is rebuilt and what not and is in tip top shape. but i find that i have a few starting and idle issues. When the weather is cold, starting isn't a problem at all. but if its normal temperature outside (say in the 60's, 70's) it takes a couple seconds of cranking to start. also, if it's an immediate hot start (say 5 minutes after starting the engine) it's ok. it'll start right up. but if i wait say maybe 30 minutes or an hour, it'll take 4 seconds of cranking before the engine starts. i have power pulleys from broadfoot, an optima battery, msd ignition and blaster 2 coil, new spark plug wires, and beru silverstone spark plugs i got from lindsey. (i also have a spec aluminum flywheel if that makes a difference). also, once the engine is up to operating temperature, if it sits at idle for more than 10 seconds, idle will become rough and drops low and then back up again, but sometimes so low that the engine dies. any ideas guys?

i tried checking my fuel pressure with the fuel pressure gauge i have on the fuel rail but it looks normal to me. hangs around or above 35 at idle.

Quick Reply: REALLY annoying starter and idle issue...PLEASE help