Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate control sliders...??

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 10:34 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Climate control sliders...??

I never thought about it much, but yesterday, when it was 8 degrees here in NJ, I couldn't get the heat to come out by my feet. I thought moving the sliders to the right would accomplish this..wrong.

How do these silly things work? The manual just says you can find comfort messing with both levers...to paraphrase.

Anyone?
Old 12-21-2004, 10:44 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

It was a nightmare to figure out on my 924S, i owned the car for 2.5 years and sold it in November, still have no idea how they worked.

Its my understanding to get the heat to the footwell, the bottom slider should be moved to the right, top slider still at the left. You then need to close the dashboard vent by sliding the vertical slider to the defost position i believe to get maximum flow to the footwell.

Edit - To add, moving the top slider to the right and the bottom slider to the left will maximize flow to the defroster vents.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:52 PM
runnin' on empty
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try moving the bottom slider all the way to the right (passenger side of car),; keep the top slider all the way to the left (driver side of the car), and then move the control for the center dash vents (also a sliding control) all the way up (which should give you some defrost activity, but little air flow out of the center vents).

Lastly close the dash end vents to maximize air flow to the floorboards.

Or, you could just fly in Paris Hilton as a lap warmer.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:12 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Paris Hilton idea makes the most sense! What idiots designed these two sliders? My '87 Integra had buttons...floor, dash, heat/defrost, AC. How hard would it be to do the same on the 944 back then? Geez!

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:37 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Why two sliders?

One controls the defrost vent while the other controls airflow to the floorboard. Try turning on your defroster with the top slider all the way to the left. Then try it with it all the way to the right. See?

Oh, yeah, don't forget to close the center vent to defrost......

Quick Reply: Climate control sliders...??