Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Started the cage in the 3.0 16V 6spd monster - pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 12:04 AM
Adam H
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good God, that thing is a beast. Tell us more about the hood.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:12 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, give us details on what you have there
Old 12-13-2004, 12:21 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow! Any estimates on power numbers yet?
Old 12-13-2004, 12:31 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joseph mitro
nice work.

how did you strip the sound deadening and residual adhesive off the interior? i'm trying to do that now, but it's very painful with acetone. did you use a rotary paint stripper or something?
Joe, I used a heat gun and sharp putty knife to get the sound deadening off. I used a LOT of 3M adhesive remover (both aerosol and liquid) to get the residue off. And a LOT of elbow grease. Many hours, but it was worth it.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:38 AM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boricua944
To do a front mount intercooler setup, do you have to make you own plumbing or does anyone sell the plumbing for it, also do you keep the stock intercooler?
http://www.speedforceracing.com/prod...erupgrades.php
Old 12-13-2004, 02:26 AM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that thing is a beast. i think i'll need a towel too
Old 12-13-2004, 10:28 AM
phlip
Racer

O.K. heres some details. S2 block with darton sleeves, double dowel pinned,line bored, decked, done by some local guys, Stoid Racing. They do a lot of high boost sport compac stuff for Jotec. Pauter prepped crank, lightened, cross drilled and plugged,entire rotating assembly balanced. pauter gun drilled rods. JE pistons 8.8 CR. Cylinder head was ported and valve jobbed by pauter, all new valves and guides, pauter supplied racing valve springs, stock cams. Oh, and I got one of those modified tensioners for the small cam chain from David Chen. Yes that is turbo tims intake, FMIC and most of the pipes are from him. I ended up routing the ic pipes differently then he suggested. Stock exhaust manifolds moded to fit 951 crossover. TO4E, KKK hybrid, 57 trim.
I know I know not the optimum turbo but money started getting tight and it was just sitting there on my old 8 valve engine. Modified olifilter housing to eliminate filter by a friend of mine Rick Jordan, he has a place in Lewisville, 5TH Gear Motorsports. He is a fabrication genius. Aeroquip #12 lines to mocal thermostat and giant 911 style mocal cooler. Ialso want to thank John Ray of Ray welding and machine for making all sorts of little things, that without, I still wouldnt be done. 968 6 speed, Bilstein cup car shocks and struts, springs are about triple stock rate. Custom chrome moly ft. control arms conceived and built by Rick and John. All solid bushings and mono ball suspension. And as original title said I am helping Hoosier Daddy ( Matt) of Lemco Motorsports Build a custom weld in roll cage. Thats all I can think of right now, My brain hurts from typing too much. But Iwill try to answer any questions, Thankyou very much for all the enthusiastic posts
Old 12-13-2004, 02:58 PM
dme
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by phlip
O.K. heres some details. S2 block with darton sleeves, double dowel pinned,line bored, decked, done by some local guys, Stoid Racing. They do a lot of high boost sport compac stuff for Jotec. Pauter prepped crank, lightened, cross drilled and plugged,entire rotating assembly balanced. pauter gun drilled rods. JE pistons 8.8 CR. Cylinder head was ported and valve jobbed by pauter, all new valves and guides, pauter supplied racing valve springs, stock cams. Oh, and I got one of those modified tensioners for the small cam chain from David Chen. Yes that is turbo tims intake, FMIC and most of the pipes are from him. I ended up routing the ic pipes differently then he suggested. Stock exhaust manifolds moded to fit 951 crossover. TO4E, KKK hybrid, 57 trim.
I know I know not the optimum turbo but money started getting tight and it was just sitting there on my old 8 valve engine. Modified olifilter housing to eliminate filter by a friend of mine Rick Jordan, he has a place in Lewisville, 5TH Gear Motorsports. He is a fabrication genius. Aeroquip #12 lines to mocal thermostat and giant 911 style mocal cooler. Ialso want to thank John Ray of Ray welding and machine for making all sorts of little things, that without, I still wouldnt be done. 968 6 speed, Bilstein cup car shocks and struts, springs are about triple stock rate. Custom chrome moly ft. control arms conceived and built by Rick and John. All solid bushings and mono ball suspension. And as original title said I am helping Hoosier Daddy ( Matt) of Lemco Motorsports Build a custom weld in roll cage. Thats all I can think of right now, My brain hurts from typing too much. But Iwill try to answer any questions, Thankyou very much for all the enthusiastic posts
Ok, I followed that up to where you mentioned S2 block. Man, you guys are on a whole different plane then me. I got excited about replacing my motor mounts and manifolds. Boy am I a piker. I've seen the car in person and it is phenomenal.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:32 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool.

Any chance this car will be going to TWS?
Old 12-13-2004, 03:37 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome, can't wait to see more pics of the progress.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:33 PM
kevin Dubois
Racer

hey hoosier daddy and phlip i would be interested in checking out the cage install. let me know when you'll be working on it and i will lend a hand (or just watch).
Old 12-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Hoosier Daddy?
Racer

Yeah Kevin, I sent you a PM about coming by to check it out. I know you had mentioned interest in doing a cage in your car.

Quick Reply: Started the cage in the 3.0 16V 6spd monster - pics