Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funky working temp sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 02:02 PM
chilix
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funky working temp sensor?

Hey, it's getting cold now and my a/c heater is doing a funny and annoying thing. Well first off, my A/C doesn't work, going to fix it when I do timing belts this winter, but I don't use the A/C this season anyways. The problem is when I'm driving and I have the fan on and the coolest temp setting, it'll blow cool for a while then I hear a click or something like that coming from the area where the temp sensor is on the passenger side of the dash and then the heat comes on. Then maybe a few minutes later I hear the same noise from the same area and it starts to cool down again.

Anyone have a similar experience or is this just part of the quarky 944 things?

Also, when I turn the key to first position I hear a hum, sounds electrical comeing from the area where the battery is placed. We have another 944, same year but now a race car, and it doesn't have the hum as loud. Used to be though but I think maybe the cut off switch that was installed did something to kill a lot of that hum. Now the hum in that car is very faint.

Quick Reply: Funky working temp sensor?