Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To gut the interiors or not?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 07:41 AM
Dalilean
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To gut the interiors or not?

In the continual process of preping my daily driver/autocross car, I have reached a crossroad. To Gut the interiors or not? That is the question!

The interior are a bit warped, the rug needs replacing and the back seat needs fixing. That's a couple of bucks I could use in a rollcage and saftey equipment. Then again, some people might frown on getting into a stripped car and let's not even coment on any cop stoping me.
As the cop looks at the interior, "No officer, I was not speeding. Heck, this car can't even get over 60"

Does anyone have any pic's of 944 gutted interiors?
Old 12-06-2004, 08:06 AM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts

well.. basicaly once you guy its hard to go back. as you would have to get all new interior (assuming it wont be worth trying to save after you gut).

also, it will affect resale value of your car.. (unless you put interior back in).

one option you have its to replace the interior.. but take out all sound deadening stuff etc.. use a thinner, lighter carpet than oem. while it will still be a bit sparce on comfort and sound, it will still be lighter and look better than completely bare. also maybe remove back seats.. and put em in when youre not auto-xing.

here is somthing for you to read if you are thinking about putting her on a diet. it also not only discusses what to remove, but what kinda stuff to replace with, as well as more specifically, what each part he removes or replaces weighs!! very scientifically based examination of putting your car on a diet! while the article is about a 911, there are many things you can get ideas from here, that are aplicable to all cars.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/jCalzia.html
Old 12-06-2004, 11:52 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well when it comes to resale the only way to increse the value of a 944 is to make it into a race car.

Of course while the resale is up... you still dont get any "money" out of it.

Here are a few of my 944 in various stages

Note some can be done very nicely if you remove all the glue & stuff and then repaint the inside.

Quick Reply: To gut the interiors or not?