Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some assistance with rear sway bar installation.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need some assistance with rear sway bar installation.

I am installing a '86 951 18mm rear sway bar onto my no-rear sway bar ''87 944. I have the front on already, but im having some trouble seeing how everything mounts up on the rear. In the picture below, do i remove the hex bolt on the rightmost side, and substitiute that bolt with the camber eccentric bolt (the one with threaded ends on both sides from the drop links? I figure i ask before i attempt removal of that bolt...as it looks to have seized up nicley .

Old 11-27-2004, 02:10 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DONT remove those two big *** bolts on the swing arm, they are the eccentric bolts so as soon as you fiddle with those, your rear ride height will change.

IIRC there should be a stud sticking out somewhere up in that "cubby" area sort of in the upper middle of your pic.

A good trick is to position the sway bar itself in the mounting notches (that spot in the top left of that pic, with the groove and the two bolt holes) and youll prolly see where it has to go. Its a large bolt that sticks out someplace IIRC.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:30 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Got everything sorted out. Turns out it was that bolt in the center and amazingly didnt require the use of a breaker bar and sledge hammer to get loose!

I must say, what a huge difference the addition of the turbo sways have made. Let alone the difference the rear sway bar must have made. The body roll is significantly less when taking my favorite long right sweeping turn at speed. It really inspires confidence now.

Quick Reply: Need some assistance with rear sway bar installation.