Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Semi-Synthetic Oil

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 01:29 PM
seb928s
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt we also sell air filters but some places really con people and most of them are females. We have them coming in to our place and asking us "Is this rubber hose good since this other place changed my oil last time and wanted to change that too?". Most times stuff like that looks pretty good to start with some actually need that stuff but a lot of times they don't.

Ryan it's not bad switching from one to the other or mixing them.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:53 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A radiator hose can look good from the outside and need replacement for other reasons. I think that probably the single biggest misunderstanding in automotive is replacement of parts.

For instance if I tell you that Ford recommends replacing the fuel filter at 15K miles it will probably get relayed like this:

The last place I was at said I had to replace my fuel filter, even though it only has 15K miles.

In your example...
Is this hose still good? The last place wanted to change that too.

It was probably more like...
Ma'am, your radiator hoses are due for replacement at 60K miles, would you like me to do that while you are here?

My point is that there are really very few crooks out there. There are A LOT of uninformed customers who THINK everyone is a crook. Being a crook in this business is a good way to have your business last a very short amount of time.

It doesnt help that they have places like Jiffy lube tell them their tires are okay. All the while the J.L is inflating the tires to 44psi because it is what's on the sidewall. I.e. you dont go to an orthodontist to ask about your foot problem.

Quick Reply: Semi-Synthetic Oil