Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion Needed...! Carbon Fiber or Color Matched....?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004 | 04:42 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Lead Foot 944
Sounds good see you then...And oh my if we could only make a 968RS Replica.....All I see is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ everybody wants one of those it seems......for a good price of course.....

DAmian
If you do it, I will buy it. I am still thinking about buying your taillights when I get my car. You do incredibley nice work! The detail you put into it shows!

By the way, how did the smoked portion of your taillights work with the reverse light? Too dark to see, or was it alright? I would have a hard time deciding if that would be nice or not, but with some smoked turn signals up front it could be great (on a black car). I am just thinking out loud here, but really I love the car with stock lights as well.

Chris
Old 11-12-2004 | 04:44 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

oh la la what a paint job on damian's car...*drools*
Old 11-12-2004 | 04:50 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Chris the smoked lenses were kind of to dark for my taste, but it does look good, I actually have some pics I could dig up for you of the smoked....ANd yes the reverse lights were not that bright...The lights I have a few people on my list who want them, and once I get things together I will be starting to make those also....But the cost of the lights will not be cheap, as they are hand made and 1 of a kind.....And thank You so much for your kind words, I very much do try to do the best detail I can....

DAmian
Old 11-12-2004 | 04:54 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Yeah I tend to have OCD when it comes to my paint...I just love the shine off of the rear fender flares on a nice brisk eveining under some street lights, while looking out your side view mirrors at them....And thank you again you guys are great for all your compliments...At least I know my hard work has not gone un noticed......

DAmian
Old 11-12-2004 | 06:56 PM
RMills944
Drifting

Leadfoot - just a thought, but 3M sells a tape that is supposedly similar to the stone gaurds on our cars (like a headlight guard) that might be worth looking into for protection on that splitter. It may not work, but it's worth a look.
Old 11-12-2004 | 07:00 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Very good tip, I thank you...You just made a really really big lightbulb go on in my head....Now I know what to do...

DAmian
Old 11-12-2004 | 07:00 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Lead Foot 944
Chris the smoked lenses were kind of to dark for my taste, but it does look good, I actually have some pics I could dig up for you of the smoked....ANd yes the reverse lights were not that bright...The lights I have a few people on my list who want them, and once I get things together I will be starting to make those also....But the cost of the lights will not be cheap, as they are hand made and 1 of a kind.....And thank You so much for your kind words, I very much do try to do the best detail I can....

DAmian
Yes, I expect them to be costly, especially because they look as though they are worth it. I love keeping some of the original looks of these cars, but then I always have times where I think that it could be a new, incredible car with just a few more details! It is a tough call, but as of now I have not had money for light upgrades yet. There is no doubt I am buying an IceShark kit, euro/driving fogs, and probably your taillights, but like I said, I need to earn some more money until I can even think about it. If you could post a pic or two of the smoked lenses, especially lit up, that would be great. No hurry though.

Thanks for the responses though.

Chris
Old 11-12-2004 | 09:31 PM
Friendan
Drifting

Hell Damian, I'm really liking the splitter. You know I've been following your continiously evolving car and the upgrades you've made. I will be totally down with buying a splitter if (and when hopefully!) you make the mold. And if you replicate that 968 spoiler, I'd probably go for that too!
Keep up the good work!

Quick Reply: Opinion Needed...! Carbon Fiber or Color Matched....?