Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Here Deals With Leland-West???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 12:23 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who Here Deals With Leland-West???

I've had them for 2 years or should I say, since I've had my car. Each year they attempt to drastically reduce the agreed value of my car. I argue and get most of it back but not all of it. Well, they did it again! Two grand this year.

I have a valuation from PCA (pretty broad though). I'm getting tired of dickering every time it's renewal time. Any suggestions?

Cory
Old 10-28-2004, 12:27 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Perry is putting something together. Check the stickys at the top of the 944 forum.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 112 Posts

I had some trouble with them when I was looking into a policy, so I went to Hagarty instead.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:31 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
I think Perry is putting something together. Check the stickys at the top of the 944 forum.
Already have. I really don't want to change as I get a great (I mean great) deal with them. Just a bit over $400 dollars a year for full coverage with 5K to drive. Which of course I don't do.

Just trying to find someone with an idea on how to get what I want for the value?
Old 10-28-2004, 12:33 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Yeah Id see whats under Perrys sleeve. Sounds like hes working on something big.

Ive had MONGO positives from American Collectors Insurance. When the fuchs feel on my whale tail, I sent tthem photos, one estimate, and in 5 days I had a check in my hand for the estimate right down to the penny. No mumbo jumbo, no con jobs, no did-you-read-the-fine-print. Just good honest service.

They also raise my agreed value automatically on both cars $500/each a year.

I emailed them on bumping my max mileage fro 2500 to 5000 a couple months ago so I could attend some more car shows. They had it "in effect" the following morning and I was with new policy revisions in my hand through the mail in like 4 days wit a remittance from my local insurance agent that underwrites (is that the right word?) the policy saying "just send a check for this into them." It was on the revised statement too.

I can only speak for my one or two encounters, but Ive HAD A CLAIM and that carries a lot more weight I think. I hate insurance ppl too but they have done a great job w/my account. I think theres an Eric on here who works for them who posts from time to time.

By the way Bogie I pay well under $400/yr on my 951 full coverage. If you want I'll pull out my policy.

Old 10-28-2004, 12:42 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UDPride
By the way Bogie I pay well under $400/yr on my 951 full coverage. If you want I'll pull out my policy.

I'm all ears. Can you PM me the info on your collectors insurance... like phone #. How many hoops do I have to jump through to get coverage???
Old 10-28-2004, 01:58 AM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

No hoops. As easy a pie. They will send you the forms. Tell them what coverage you want when you call and theyll tell you how much. Fill forms out, send a photo, and payment, and you are good to go. SOon thereafter youll get policy and glove box nsurance cards in mail. I'll PM you.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:43 AM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounded intersting, unfortunately my 968 is not old enough. Qualifications are at http://www.americancollectorsins.com/cv_quali.htm
Old 10-28-2004, 11:48 AM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

actually you may still qualify. It says...

You may also qualify by:

Having at least 10 years driving experience
Having a good driving record
Having at least one "regular" vehicle for every licensed driver in the household
Old 10-28-2004, 02:22 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

I called and they will not insure cars under 15 years old. However they have a sister company http://www.americanhobbyist.com/ which will insure newer cars. The online quote was $250 per year. I requested an application and may apply once I understand the limitations on use.
Old 10-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

I have geico for my regular insurance. they hooked me up with their sister company. the firebird qualified for their classic policy, now get this, the S2 qualified for their "exotic" policy.

the rates are the same. I cant remember the company name but if you want i will do a search here where im pretty sure i mentioned the name.

when they asked for a value, i gave them the same $$ I got from geico when the other S2 was stolen 14k. they took my $$ and the policy has a line in it that says the correct value up to the stated amount will be determined after the claim is put in.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:51 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

American Hobbyist will not insure a 968 either. They require less than 3000 of the model to have been produced or the car to be over 15 years old.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:10 PM
BruceWard
Three Wheelin'

Leyland West will cover a 94 968 for $312 for 2500 miles or $415 for 5000 miles although the policy is very restrictive and does not allow modifications.

Can anyone suggest other companies to try?
Old 10-28-2004, 05:52 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
I have geico for my regular insurance. they hooked me up with their sister company. the firebird qualified for their classic policy, now get this, the S2 qualified for their "exotic" policy.

the rates are the same. I cant remember the company name but if you want i will do a search here where im pretty sure i mentioned the name.

when they asked for a value, i gave them the same $$ I got from geico when the other S2 was stolen 14k. they took my $$ and the policy has a line in it that says the correct value up to the stated amount will be determined after the claim is put in.

I looked in to those guys too. Word I go was that I would not be covered in parking lot of a shopping center. I even explained a reasonable scenario.

Going on a drive with Porsche club to a nice senice small town destination. Wife and ladies want to do a like window shopping the quaint little town. If parked in the parking lot of the shopping center... NOT COVERED. WTF??? After going through the ringer with them on this I said nope. Not going to do it.

Quick Reply: Who Here Deals With Leland-West???