Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

update on motor installation project

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 06:12 PM
EricMcIntire
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update on motor installation project

the combined efforts of myself and janus resulted in the replacement of the p.s. mount, so that is all set now, also we aligned the clutch by eye (yet to see if it is accurate, if I can get my hands on a tool before too long I'll do it properly, but I'm growing impatient and time is running out)... my next efforts will attempt to fully remove the front crossmember, and raise the motor and try to slide the motor over the torque thingy (yes I'm that technical) anyways, the belts on the front have not been done but I've been told all that can be done while the motor is in, and since I have no clue how to do it, I'd rather just do the grunt work of lifting the motor into place.... anyways still looking for help... its discouraging to know that the entire job could have been done in 5 hours by someone with the knowledge and its taken me 20 hours to do what would take them 20 minutes, but oh well.. anyways just an update, and if anyone is in the area, I would really appreciate help whenever... thanks guys.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:47 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by EricMcIntire
its discouraging to know that the entire job could have been done in 5 hours by someone with the knowledge and its taken me 20 hours to do what would take them 20 minutes, but oh well...
hey man, don't worry about it. that's the fun of learning how to do your own work. it took me two weeks to remove my engine, working little by little and purchasing tools as I went, but i have the satisfaction of doing the job myself. next time it will take you half the time to do it.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:01 PM
EricMcIntire
Advanced

I understand the gratification factor but what worries me is that I plan on driving this car across the country from Boston to Los Angeles on dec. 26th (dont flame me I know the weather isn't going to be pleasant) and its getting cold here and my garage isn't heated... so while I understand that doing it myself has endless rewards, time doesn't allow for that luxury... thanks for the encouragement!
Old 10-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Adam H
Pro

I was just wondering about this. Sorry I couldn't make it on Sunday - Work sprang some stuff on me. Glad you got something done.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:42 PM
EricMcIntire
Advanced

no worries.... much more work to be done hopefully me, you and janus can make it together and really get a lot done.

Quick Reply: update on motor installation project