Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident pics (not for the faint of heart...or 56kers)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 02:18 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You stepped in it now,Tom.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bloodraven - sorry to hear & see your accident. As said above, I am glad that you are ok.

BTW: I think your frame is bent! Maybe you should mention it on your ebay add: Custom frame & chassis work.

-Z-man.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by bloodraven
she was doing 65 in a 55...and I am not trying to put all the blame on her...I already said that I will accept at the least partial responsibility. I did pull out in front of her...but I also had time to slow down to pull up onto an uneven lane....she also said she saw me pull out from half a mile away, laid on her horn (no one who lives near here heard a horn until about a quarter of a second before they heard impact....same as me) and she also should have been able to slow down and/or go around....she said she saw me from far away...so why couldn't she? Because, like the cop said, she was probably talking to her passengers and not even looking at the road. He has it marked on teh road that she slammed on her brakes about 20 foot from were the accident had been....yet she saw me from how far away?
Originally Posted by mybaby924s
Hey Hey now...I don't know about you but if I was at fault I would have said something. And it has nothing to do with not knowing when to shut up, I was raised to take responsibility for my actions, and that has nothing to do with being a woman! And if you check out most of the threads the few women that are on the board don’t get involved. It’s just the guys having a pissing contest, like most guys do.
I don't know how many people would volunteer a statement to the effect of "I saw him coming out of his driveway, decided not to slow down or try to avoid him. Knowing he didn't have many places to go I decided to keep my foot on the gas and gently tap the horn to warn him that I was about to ram him. It wasnt until after the front of my car made contact with his that I decided to slow down." Did Perry Mason take down the accident information?

There is something called last clear chance that is used in determining who is at fault.

A simple "I was driving down the road, there was an 18 wheeler coming in the other direction, I saw him waiting to enter the flow of traffic, when the 18 wheeler passed I hit him as he was entering the road".

Like when the attorney asks the guy on the stand if he has a watch and the guy replies yeah its 2:45.

Last edited by Tom R.; 10-13-2004 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:33 PM
PrerYDoG
Pro

I don't know how many people would volunteer a statement to the effect of "I saw him coming out of his driveway, decided not to slow down or try to avoid him. Knowing he didn't have many places to go I decided to keep my foot on the gas and gently tap the horn to warn him that I was about to ram him. It wasnt until after the front of my car made contact with his that I decided to slow down." Did Perry Mason take down the accident information?

There is something called last clear chance that is used in determining who is at fault.

A simple "I was driving down the road, there was an 18 wheeler coming in the other direction, I saw him waiting to enter the flow of traffic, when the 18 wheeler passed I hit him as he was entering the road".

Like when the attorney asks the guy on the stand if he has a watch and the guy replies yeah its 2:45.
Okay - I'm sitting at work reading all of this (mainly because I gave my 2 weeks notice today and have NOTHING to do), and now everyone is looking at me funny for bursting out in tears while laughing at this comment. Oh Tom, you're too much!

Bloodraven - Sorry about the loss of your baby P-Car, had the same happen to me. Good luck in replacing it.

Mark
Old 10-13-2004, 03:41 PM
mybaby924s
Racer

Tom- I agree with you there. She was not very wise with her actions, but at least she admitted to them. In my opinion people like that should not be able to drive. But what you said was “So if her actions were not stereotypical of a woman, and she shut her mouth” Now that’s where we disagree. I really don’t care if it’s a man, woman, or he/she driving down the road, if they’re stupid enough to not try to avoid an accident then they should not be able to drive. She was just doing the right thing by admitting, even though she could have avoided the whole thing and Blood would still have his car, but there’s nothing anyone can do now. But I’ll end this cause I have a lot to do on my car, but let’s please leave the sexist comments out from now on. There may not be many women on this board, but we are here
Old 10-13-2004, 03:55 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

actually...she didn't admit to it...she even said she didn't see a tractor trailor, and she said she stepped on her brakes and blew her horn about half a mile away. Her skidmarks start about 20 foot away from the accident...she basically dug herself into a hole...she says one thing, and she is lying about that...but she also says she saw me, so why didn't she stop?? something is not adding up at all!
Old 10-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Steph,
I apologize for any offense taken. I had no intentions of offending anyone so I purposely used the word "stereotypical".
Old 10-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Hedoniste
Instructor

**** for you! Hopefully you are alive and this is the most important thing!
Old 10-13-2004, 04:40 PM
mybaby924s
Racer

Tom- No Apology necessary. I wasn’t really offended, just one of those days
Old 10-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Now...just wondering how long until my pics turn up on wreckedexotics.com...hmmmm

That looks painful! Im glad you're ok. By the way, your pics are most like to show up on the wreckedNARP.com site
Old 10-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

By the way, im surprised the vultures aren't out yet...

I know you guys want some 7&8 951 fuchs!
Old 10-13-2004, 05:32 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

actually...she didn't admit to it...she even said she didn't see a tractor trailor, and she said she stepped on her brakes and blew her horn about half a mile away. Her skidmarks start about 20 foot away from the accident...she basically dug herself into a hole...she says one thing, and she is lying about that...but she also says she saw me, so why didn't she stop?? something is not adding up at all!
I don't get it. What's the stopping distance of a Durango? A half a mile? You can stop from 160mph in that distance. If she anticipated you pulling out without you seeing her, she should have been prepared for that.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:46 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe
I don't get it. What's the stopping distance of a Durango? A half a mile? You can stop from 160mph in that distance. If she anticipated you pulling out without you seeing her, she should have been prepared for that.
Exactly my point! It may have been partially my fault, but she could have avoided it...

and as for the vultures...a lot of people have asked about the fuchs...and at this point in time...they are NOT for sale...
Old 10-13-2004, 07:43 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BR take pics of the scene including the skid marks. Take from a bunch of angles. Do it ASAP before the debris is washed away. Also sketch out a map showing everything, approx where the skid marks start and end, etc etc.

I did this for my accident awhile back, it helped, but the other guy had it coming for him, the insurance company was apparently pretty eager for the chance to make him do some toe touching exercises.... Map, pictures, and a VERY detailed point-by-point statement of everything in order will really help your case. Describe the weather conditions, the truck etc. Maybe you can even track down that truck, if you remember the company that ownes it. Then you can see about pegging him in that intersection around that time, and thatll be one more thing against the woman in the durango, that she lied about no truck.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Blood,
She is not lying. She doesnt recall. It is your word against hers. The truck is immaterial. If she wanted to lie she would not have said she saw you.

Think about it for a minute. Am I correct? Just get your $$ and be glad you were not driving an english version 944.

Quick Reply: Accident pics (not for the faint of heart...or 56kers)