Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident pics (not for the faint of heart...or 56kers)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 01:26 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I'm hoping to either get a black one with some mods already on it...or a nice silver/burgandy interior (i'm partial to that burgandy interior....)...or maybe, if things pan out right...BOTH!!!(yeah right)
Old 10-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am continously amazed the hits these cars can take. I echo the sentiment- glad YOU are ok.

..now about those fuchs... <vultures beginning to circle around Rennlist.com>
Old 10-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Nothing new to say here. Glad you are OK - the car did a great job of taking the hit.

I know you said you are keeping the Fuchs. If you do part it out, let us know. I need a few little items. (defrost switch, engine bay zip ties, etc.)

It's nice to see you've still got your humor. I think I'd be in a rage haze for weeks if my toy got destroyed like that. I can fix most anything - but I'd have a little trouble pulling THAT out. Good luck finding a replacement.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:03 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bloodraven
I'm thining of putting it on ebay...with the following...

"EXCELLENT CONDITIION PORSHE 944 TURBOCHARGED!!!@!! FAST FAST FAST FAST FAST!!!

ONLY ASKING $47,000 FOR THIS BEAUTY! IT IS A RARE FIND, AND ITS THE STOCK COLOR TOO!!!!11

ONLY PROBLEM IS A SMALL DENT ON THE PASSENGER SIDE, EASILY FIXABLE WITH DENTLESS REPAIR AND BONDO...NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW!!!!!!!!!!@!!

BRAND NEW STARTER...ONLY USED TWICE!!! LOTS OF NEW PARTS! LOTS OF NEW STUFF!!! FAST....REALLY FAST!!!! TWICE AS FAST AS YOUR ***!!!!!!!!!"

wonder if someone would buy it...

The dash has a few cracks though...
Old 10-13-2004, 10:04 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

nah...its a custom dash
Old 10-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rixter
I'm always amazed at the punishment a 944 can take and the owner walk away... this is a recent wreck dropped off for me to sift thru, I'm told the owner basically climbed out and walked away
Same here. People ask me why I hang on to my 21-year-old 1983 944 as a daily driver. Aside from being a fun car to drive, the crash resistance of these cars is simply astonishing. I have yet to read about a 944 wreck in which a passenger did not come out alive.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:14 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

Originally Posted by bloodraven
......so it may be failure to slow down/go around to avoid an accident....here's hoping!
Ok, I'll be the a**hole in this thread.

You pulled out in front of a moving vehicle, and it's their fault? I'm must be missing something here. If this was reversed, and she pulled out of her driveway in front of you, this group would be screeming bloody murder if you were considered at fault. Now if the speed limit were 45 and she was doing 90, that's a different story and more should be put on the shoulder of the SUV driver.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Ok, I'll be the a**hole in this thread.
Can you make that avatar any bigger?
Old 10-13-2004, 10:19 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

she was doing 65 in a 55...and I am not trying to put all the blame on her...I already said that I will accept at the least partial responsibility. I did pull out in front of her...but I also had time to slow down to pull up onto an uneven lane....she also said she saw me pull out from half a mile away, laid on her horn (no one who lives near here heard a horn until about a quarter of a second before they heard impact....same as me) and she also should have been able to slow down and/or go around....she said she saw me from far away...so why couldn't she? Because, like the cop said, she was probably talking to her passengers and not even looking at the road. He has it marked on teh road that she slammed on her brakes about 20 foot from were the accident had been....yet she saw me from how far away?
Old 10-13-2004, 10:24 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Braven - I was thinking there was more to the story.

Luis de Prat,
When I go back to the "slapper" avatar - I'll be sure to tell Nicole you were the 1 person that complained about my Christopher Reeve's tribute avatar.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
When I go back to the "slapper" avatar - I'll be sure to tell Nicole you were the 1 person that complained about my Christopher Reeve's tribute avatar.
Nothing wrong with it, but it takes up half of my screen.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:22 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

So you got hit at around 50mph by a Durango? If that's the case, I too am amazed at relatvely little damage occurred to the cabin. Although te passenger may still not have been as lucky as you.

But glad you haven't changed your name to BloodyRaven.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

So if her actions were not stereotypical of a woman, and she shut her mouth, it would have been all your fault.

From the pictures it looks like she didn't completely T-bone you, more like you were at say a 45deg angle to the yellow line when she nailed you. The impact must have dragged your car a few feet.

You are lucky she didn't nail your drivers side at that speed.

Send me a draft of what you prepared if you want.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:57 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Nothing wrong with it, but it takes up half of my screen.
I uploaded it at work, no way to resize here. Every night this week I've been working on my car. Don't worry, the slapper will be back eventually - when I can find it.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:57 PM
mybaby924s
Racer

Originally Posted by Tom R.
So if her actions were not stereotypical of a woman, and she shut her mouth, it would have been all your fault.

Hey Hey now...I don't know about you but if I was at fault I would have said something. And it has nothing to do with not knowing when to shut up, I was raised to take responsibility for my actions, and that has nothing to do with being a woman! And if you check out most of the threads the few women that are on the board don’t get involved. It’s just the guys having a pissing contest, like most guys do.

Quick Reply: Accident pics (not for the faint of heart...or 56kers)