Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something always has to go wrong

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004 | 03:27 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Something always has to go wrong

Got my intake manifold off and all associated bits and peices, to fix a coolant leak at the back, put gaskets in after the weekends work (vacuum line update) and some misc other stuff.

The coolant leak was at the back, where the metal hard pipe goes from the block, makes a short 90 degree, and the hose for the heater valve plugs into it. Its leaking because I deleted teh CV valve, and removed the bracket that it mounted to, since its useless now. I didnt know to put washers in place of it, so the bolts bottomed out before tightening the gasket down. On top of that pipe is the vacuum valve for the fuel vapor purge system. Im gently cranking that on with a wrench, just getting it seated, just finishing....

<snap> The head pops off the threads, which are obviously in the bolt hole in the pipe. Typical. <Insert foul language here>. Mr Murphey can take his law and shove it Hopefully Mark has that pipe and valve and will sell them to me
Old 10-05-2004 | 10:43 PM
robinhood
Advanced

I'm going to be taking off my maifold this week for the first time to replace my oil filler tube gaskets and check it for leaks. Also, tighten and maybe reseal my timing shaft housing on that, driver side, side of the engine. I have an 84 NA. Is there anything you can tell me about this job. I ordered all the injector gasket kits and the manifold gaskets. I hope there are no surprises.

Thanks,
Robin

Quick Reply: Something always has to go wrong