Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e-ram electric supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 04:39 PM
JediAgent
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you do go through with nitrous on the 944 be sure to let us all know what you did and how it turned out. Liek i said, i have yet to try it because im scared something in the rear will break, not in the motor.

Tom R seems ok to me... whats with this troll thing. I know alot of trolls, some of them are pretty kewl.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:47 PM
bigal13
Instructor

Originally Posted by JediAgent
If you do go through with nitrous on the 944 be sure to let us all know what you did and how it turned out. Liek i said, i have yet to try it because im scared something in the rear will break, not in the motor.

Tom R seems ok to me... whats with this troll thing. I know alot of trolls, some of them are pretty kewl.

hi

i am going to use a progressive controller so you get NO boost in first gear then slowly introduce it at 30% up to full power

one of these http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/Maximizer.htm
Old 09-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 62 Posts

Nitrous..... Liquid cocaine for 944s....

Andy
Old 09-24-2004, 05:15 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Liquid cocaine for the 944s? Oh come on Anydy, where's your sense of fun

I think you'd be safe with a wet kit if you did't try pushing over 60 ponies through it without upgrading the fuel system and internals extensively. Motors that use small amounts of nitrous on an occassional basis, and use the appropriate fuel supplementation won't have reliability problems unless they had them beforehand.

I'd personally install nitrous in a 944 myself, but I refrain from launching it. THAT (IMHO) is the liquid cocaine!

PS... anyone want a couple spare axles and CV's I have for sale <-- shameless plug

-KR
Old 09-24-2004, 05:32 PM
bigal13
Instructor

Originally Posted by FSAEracer03
Liquid cocaine for the 944s? Oh come on Anydy, where's your sense of fun

I think you'd be safe with a wet kit if you did't try pushing over 60 ponies through it without upgrading the fuel system and internals extensively. Motors that use small amounts of nitrous on an occassional basis, and use the appropriate fuel supplementation won't have reliability problems unless they had them beforehand.

I'd personally install nitrous in a 944 myself, but I refrain from launching it. THAT (IMHO) is the liquid cocaine!

PS... anyone want a couple spare axles and CV's I have for sale <-- shameless plug

-KR
hi

think you might get a buyer if you try your plug over here
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum/160699-blown-tranny-or-blown-cv-joint-in-my-car.html
Old 09-24-2004, 06:02 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

i'm very sorry you are offended tom, nearly every one of your posts has offended me lately, and you have suffered no repercussions. i have not attacked you personally, you ARE a troll. until that changes neither will my sig line. if telling the truth and lobbying for a change is a childish prank, then i guess i'm a child playing a prank. i made my signature as a mature rennlist member who is tired of the pissing matches.

i'll be pming 944pete to discuss.

-Mike-
Old 09-24-2004, 06:49 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the eRam, ask Mark if he uses one on his 928. His answer will be all you need to verify the validity of that claim.

I've installed a 50-shot of nitrous on my 951. Leftover from my Supra after I sold it. Wasn't really that fun due to the on/off nature and it was plenty expensive to use, over $100/week. Knowing what I know now, I would program a custom chip just for nitrous with about 5 degrees of igntion pulled when on the juice. Then you can use a toggle switch, like one that activates the nitrous, to flip the DME over to the nitrous map on the chips. Otherwise, you'll have to find some way of controlling igntion, like a TMC-1. Nitrous can be done and is a valid upgrade for our cars, just not as much as you'd think that's all.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The inherent weakness of an IRS and bland styling are reasons the GTO is a sales flop.
**** poor marketing did that along with them using the Pontiac nameplate. It turns me on no end though, and they are starting to get VERY cheap. When they come down another 5K it might be my next D.D.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:45 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

Hell yeah, Matt... one of the domestic plus points: low resale

Wait a year and see how low they are! I wouldn't be surprised if they flop pretty hard in the next 8-12 months.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:52 PM
JediAgent
Racer

Are we talking about the brand new GTO that Pontiac has "revised" ?
Old 09-24-2004, 08:13 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Yes, thats the one. I dont know what revisions you are talking about though. It is a Holden Monaro (if memory serves). It looks nice and plain but scoots.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Tom, I agree with you most of the time with what you post and feel the same way. Sometimes, I want to overstate something just to compensate for the bias on this board against other points of view. However, if I went to the camaro board and posted how crappy the camaro handled would probably get the same or worse reception than to post about how slow the 944 is in a straight line (both I consider to be true). I am sure comparing the same year camaro to a 944 will tell a fair story (84 carburated 5.0 camaro is no faster than the 84 944 and worse in just every way). I like it much better before the S2 was stolen from you. Just my humble opinion that you have more of a chip on your shoulder recently.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Lego - in the head to head testing between the Camaro and the 944 the magazines were calling it a toss up, how scary is that?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:10 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Matt,
They are bumping the horses up from 350 to 400 and allowing customers to have a hood with scoops retrofitted. I was on GMs buypower site and asked for a price quote. The guy comes back at sticker. I emailed back what about the new one coming out in a few months. he had the ***** to email me back that I should grab the ones he has for sticker because the 400hp cars will be going for over sticker!

The customer service dept of GM has been outsourced and is as bad as it gets (kinda like Porsche with the ceramic brakes and boxster motors). Nobody reads TSBs or test drives the cars, then they give it back saying could not duplicate. There was a TSB issued a week after we bought the aurora saying replace the crank sensors. for two and a half years the car stalled. It got real bad. my cousin spoke to the head of the Northstar division. he cited the TSB. Customer service is an oximoron, I finally said i would pay. the dealer did the job and then had the ***** to say he did me a favor not charging me. i showed him the line in the TSB that says if built before 0276 replace. and it goes on and on.

Lego, I bought another S2 to go with the Camaro. They are both fun cars. Different, neither one is better than the other.

Erau, your signature is inapproprate. I am the target of your assinine personal attack and am politely asking you to please remove my name and any reference to me from your signature. Please PM Pete and anyone else you want about me, but do not insult or attack me in your signature.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Oh boy on thre revisions. Funny how for the US market you have to add body cladding to sell the thing. Dont worry about grabbing one at sticker, they are so undersold you will have no problem picking one up. I want to say that the total sales number is hovering around 2300 sold right now.

There was one with 300 miles on Ebay with a BIN of 19K at a dealer the other day. When they hit the mid 16s they will be one of the best buys of the last decade. Shame I am terrified of the Pontiac namebadge.

Quick Reply: e-ram electric supercharger