Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the hell can I do ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 03:43 PM
JediAgent
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats funny is every time i see the word mechanic, i think "tech" and i feel like you guys are customers talking about me. I deal with this everyday on the other end. I try to be reasonable and conservative about my timeframes, i charge fair, and my work is always spot on. Its just hard to all that when you are backed up with work. Its easier on me thou as there are few good, service-oriented computer repair shops around here. And most people don't rely on a PC the same way they do with a car.

Atleast thats what the clowns tell me to think
Old 09-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Judson951
Drifting

I just got back from the shop. I went in there wanting to know when the car was going to be done. Trying to get a deadline out of them. They told me poss. Wed. but more like Friday. I just dont understand this it's a 14 hour job tops. And thats being nice.??? The funny thing is when I went into the shop all 3 tech's were at the front desk bull****tin. I gues the only thing I can do is wait till Friday and see if it's done then.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:25 PM
944S2NUT
Drifting

Originally Posted by OriginalSterm
pick up the car, find a new shop.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:27 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I will vouch for the somewhat shaky ordering process on Porsche parts. To get the OEM tail on the 930 replaced it had to be ordered from Germany as most of the stuff in the states is all replica w/o the PORSCHE insignias on it. Took three weeks just to get, then the rubber was warped on it in the corners because of flex in the box. Had to order another and Porsche couldnt guarantee any delivery estimate. Ended up using the rubber lip already on the car and sent lip #1 back. If I recall, the part was actually ordered through the local Porsche dealership as my shop called theirs while i was in the showroom to cancel lip #2. Dont know if thats customary or not. Maybe for big specialty parts only dealers can order direct OEM from Porsche?

If your shop has done well with you over the years and this is a one-time thing, just let em know you need your car back and you keep bringing your car ot them ebcause of their quality efficient service. Sometimes things happen. Stomping off on a random occasion where a shop that normally does good business is backed up or dragging feet prob. isnt the best advice. Just let em know the car needs to get done. My guess is theylll make an extra effort (not really extra just required) to do that if you have a good relationship with em.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:14 PM
'88-924S
Racer

I did the WP and belts for the first time about 20k ago(almost time again!!!!) It's an easy job if you take your time. Took me two days, maybe 14 hours to do it. This was with lots of coming to rennlist asking questions and taking a lot of time to keep everything organized. It is very satisfying to do it and know it's done right. I found that the shop that did the WP and belts right after I bought it installed the thermostat with the wrong rubber seal and put it on the wrong side of the themrostat!!! My point: Do it your self, you won't be sorry.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What did they say when you asked why it was taking so long? You did ask, right?

If not, I think it's time for some assertiveness pills.

My mechanic gets those parts the same day, took two days to do the job and he's busy.

These guys are just jerking you around.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Judson951
Drifting

They told me it is some piece of **** 30k black 951 that is giving them so much problems. I am starting to think that they may have messed something up on my car and trying to get it fixed???? One the other hand they know its a play toy for me and not my daily driver. So this being my 1st time at their shop and a play toy there regular customers and daily drivers may be taking presence?

Quick Reply: What the hell can I do ?????????