Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My dad's new toy.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

uhhh... red nek mullet tobacco wife beater white trash unedjicated cant handle rust bucket idiot dumba$$ pushrod solid axle drunk driver hilljack jerry springer no teeth boxcar willie foghat fuzzy dice piece of s--t worthless American junk huh huh huh huh huh i am soooooo cooooooool u r a lo0zer y0! uh huh huh huh uh huhuhuh i am sooooo coooool. I drive a euro car I am soooo sophisticated I watch sex in the city and talk about wine and eat at trendy restaurants and talk about my friends who travel all over the world u wish you were something more than a filthy hick but u r a looooser go back to ur trailer park and ur miserable K-mart life

Nice Firebird, Tom.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Tony K
uhhh... red nek mullet tobacco wife beater white trash unedjicated cant handle rust bucket idiot dumba$$ pushrod solid axle drunk driver hilljack jerry springer no teeth boxcar willie foghat fuzzy dice piece of s--t worthless American junk huh huh huh huh huh i am soooooo cooooooool u r a lo0zer y0! uh huh huh huh uh huhuhuh i am sooooo coooool. I drive a euro car I am soooo sophisticated I watch intelligent tv shows and talk about wine and eat at trendy restaurants and talk about my friends who travel all over the world u wish you were something more than a filthy hick but u r a looooser go back to ur trailer park and ur miserable K-mart life

Nice Firebird, Tom.
All true but at least I don't have to check to make sure I am in first and not third!

Loose shifter, you were the only one who get it that night. Time for some cornflakes. Gotta go trim the mullet before company comes over tonight.

Look at the picture in my sig. Notice how I keep the mullet (the red speck in the background) parked in a neighbors driveway when the Porsche is out.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 139 Posts

Don't forget you acid washed jeans and Twisted Sister t-shirt wearing, cranking up Bon Jovi while driving hayseed.

Tom: I think the true mullet machine is the IROC Z
Old 09-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Judson951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This just keeps gettin better.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:29 PM
944S2NUT
Drifting

JOHN!! D!!! Close this ridiculous post. Its gotten out of hand.

Old 09-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

How dare you say my Z28 doesn't qualify as a mullet. I am very insulted.

I was a charter member of the SMF (cant remember what that stood for ) fan club when TS played Speaks in Island Park every thursday (or was it tuesday and Zebra played thursday) at Speaks in Island Park.

I even sold Mark the Animal a TS button in the parking lot of the Nassau Colliseum at an ACDC concert.

We came this close to opening for them at Hammerheads.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:39 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 944S2NUT
JOHN!! D!!! Close this ridiculous post. Its gotten out of hand.

Yes! Order! Order! No humor permitted! We must talk about how nice the Dart is! And how bad Camaros are! And what is our favorite year of Pinot Grigio from northern Italy!
Old 09-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Nice Dart, Judson!

I used to have a few Mopars:
-73 Charger w/318 - musroom soup color, daily driver and donor for 74
-74 Charger w/360 - avocado green color, exhaust and cragar SS mags - my "nice" car in high school
-73 Satellite Sebring w/318 - just like the one Daisy drove for a while on Dukes of Hazzard - daily driver
-74 Roadrunner - powder blue - with posi and heavily modded 400 from a police interceptor. Loved it.

Enjoyed them all, even if they weren't that fast (although the roadrunner did all right)

Cheers,
Old 09-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Judson951
Drifting

Tom R to the rescue......Another thread ****ed up.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It is my constitutional duty to keep threads with muscle cars on top
Old 09-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Judson951
Tom R to the rescue......Another thread ****ed up.
Hey, I un-****ed your thread, or ****ed it down, or de-****ed it (not sure what is the correct opposite of ****ed up) by sharing that I, too, have experience with and have enjoyed classic Mopars.

I wasn't into car clubs back when I had those cars, and I don't know much about muscle car clubs except the Pontiac/Oakland Club (. . .POCI, something like that...), but I recall hearing something about a group by the name of "Dodge Boys" or something?

Anyway, when I put the roadrunner up for sale, one guy came to look at it who was a part of this club. Apparently he told everyone in the club in the area about it, because for the next couple of weeks, there was a regular parade of classic Mopars crusing down my street (my parents' house - I was in high school) in the evenings and weekends. Dodge Boys would come down to look at the car, and they almost all came in their classic Mopars, all of which were in outstanding condition...

I'd be at home, doing my homework, and in the golden evening sunlight I would hear/feel a faint rumble above the rest of the traffic. After a few days, I knew what that was. I'd run to the front porch, my spine tingilng from the rumble of those throaty V8s, eager and excited, wondering what machine it would be this time. I distinctly remember a bronze/copperish Challenger, a metallic blue Challenger, black 'Cuda, Dark metallic green 68 Charger, bright green super bee, a duster with the diagonal "340" on the hood, and several more. All in all, close to 20 old mopars made individual random surprise visits down my parents' street to check out the car. The crown jewel, in my opinion, was a panther pink 71 Roadrunner with a wing and, according to the decorations, a hemi.

The cars would slow down to check out my beast, and I would peer from the porch window, excited, and hoping they wouldn't see me. I'd watch them pull away as long as I could, and listen as they headed back up the street on the next block, until the rumble grew faint and blended with the noise of the nearby freeway.

This experience, all in all, was most exciting, fun, and enjoyable experience I ever had associated with buying or selling a car. What a treat it was to see those majestic cars glide through my humble neighborhood of rusty 4-door '76 Olds Cutlasses and '83 Celebrity wagons.

Cheers,
Old 09-15-2004, 08:30 PM
peterjcb
Burning Brakes

I couldn't resist posting a pic of my "old" 1973 Z-28. I bought is new in '73. I ordered it with the rally sport split grille in dark metallic red. It cost me $4,000 back then...
Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2004, 08:32 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

language, children

John D. or 944 Pete, please step in...
Old 09-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Predator
Pro

You can have it both ways, ya know! Porsche quality and handling, big American Iron (actually aluminum) V8 !!
Old 09-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Tony K
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ERAU-944
language, children

John D. or 944 Pete, please step in...
Sorry, Mike. I don't like using vulgarity and don't like to see it, either; I just couldn't resit playing with his words there.

Typing "f**k" is no better, IMHO. Best is to draw from the many words in our language to intelligently say what one wishes to say.

Quick Reply: My dad's new toy.