Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leak...Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 08:57 PM
peanut
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I found a dried up frog in my well when I first got my car? how the hell did that get in there.?!

Something to watch out for as I know from bitter experience. If your rear hatch /spoiler drains are blocked and water runs back into the rear cargo area when you open the hatch, eventually you'll have the cills rust through from the inside out .The first thing you notice is a small rust hole in the rear cill just in front of the rear wheel arch .
I can't see that effecting you lot in the US much though.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:08 AM
sm
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

I had the same thing and the problem was that the drain tube you see in the pic was loose at the connector, where it meets the drain tube coming from your gas filler neck. Pull back the carpet on the passenger side wall of the trunk area (release those black trim clips - if they break, you can get better clips from Autozone - I'll save that for another thread) and you'll see the connector where all the drain tubes come together. Pull the hoses completely back on the plastic Y connector and use zip ties to make sure they don't slip off on you again. You should be set...

To drain the cubbies, just reach down there and pull the bottom end of the hose out of it's drain hole.

Quick Reply: Water Leak...Help