Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting 951 Sighting

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 01:11 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is so cool to see a Turbo S gracing the cover! Per Mike's amazon.com link (I couldn't help my self, I am a child of the 80s), I saw that this is only 1 of 7 volumes. Not many of the songs qualify in my top 10 list of 80s songs, but I am thrilled that they included my favorite 80s song on volume 7: "Heaven" by Warrant. Hey, stop laughing!
Old 09-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 142 Posts

Ok guys, things are getting weird. I am getting out of my car yesterday after getting home from work and my neighbor pops out of his garage. He and his wife are in the process of having their plumbing replaced, so they were cleaning out their storage room. Anyway he hands me this poster tube with a Porsche lable on it which says "1988 Porsche Inside" and says he figures I'd like this. There is a poster inside of a red 951. I guess this was some sort of sales promotion because the license plate on the car has his last name on it.

I am not a big believer in subliminal messaging, but I am starting to wonder if the Porsche gods are telling me something...Hmm, when we sell the house, we'll have some extra money...951 money?
Old 09-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Haha cool, I didn't realize Porsche had been doing that for so long. About a month ago I got a poster from Porsche of a 997 with my last name on the license plate.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:26 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Carrera51
I am starting to wonder if the Porsche gods are telling me something...Hmm, when we sell the house, we'll have some extra money...951 money?
That's exactly what they are telling you! Now, just choose a color, a year, condition and mileage preferences, and find that thing!
Old 09-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

If/when I add a 951 to the lineup, I was thinking an 88 Turbo S, silver rose with the plaid seats (if I can find one). Whichever one I end up with, stock is fine. I mainly want a clean car. Mileage is not an issue.

(This is a least a year down the road)

What is it with Porsches that makes us not satisfied with just having one?
Old 09-09-2004, 11:50 AM
jenket944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt H
I'll play, which one?
LOL...Toto's chart-busting hit "Africa".
Nobody has listed what the other songs are on that CD, but you can't say it's best of 80's anything if it doesn't have Guns -N- Roses or Van Halen. In my not so humble opinion.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by Epic2112
Haha cool, I didn't realize Porsche had been doing that for so long. About a month ago I got a poster from Porsche of a 997 with my last name on the license plate.
I've almost forgotten about mine (since my wife moved it from its prominent location above the TV in the basement). I have a tail shot of a black 911 Turbo about one foot off the ground with my last name on the plate. It's now on the wall in the corner of the basement. Need to put it back where it belongs next time she isn't watching...

As for the hits of the 80's. I didn't see anything on that CD cover that remotely resembled a hit to me. Toto? WTF? "That goes for your little dog too! (my pretty)"

So do they have anything from: Rush, ZZ Top, Van Halen, U2, The Clash, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Dire Straits, Billy Idol, INXS, Tom Petty, Joe Jackson, The Police, REM, The Smithereens or The Romantics??? That's the stuff I liked from the 80s (plus the odd one hit wonders from Flock of Hairdos (Seagulls), Men at Work, Thomas Dolby, etc)
Old 09-10-2004, 05:07 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

1) If/when I add a 951 to the lineup, I was thinking an 88 Turbo S, silver rose with the plaid seats (if I can find one).
2) What is it with Porsches that makes us not satisfied with just having one?
1) Very nice choice! Gotta love those plaid seats. It will make you feel as if you have truly stepped back in time to the wonderful world of the 80s!

2) I keep asking myself the same question... And it's not just wanting to own more than one, but wanting to perfect each of them! Believe it or not, I was actually quite conservative with my money until I met her, Porsche, that is. (Humor me with my imaginary dialogue; it is 3:00 a.m., and I can't sleep!) Now, I am a whipped puppy! "Dear, I would like a chip upgrade." Done. "Dear, would you mind giving me a radiator flush tomorrow?" No problem. "Dear, would you mind upgrading me to M030 specs?" Say no more! You get the picture.
Old 09-10-2004, 10:07 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

Ok guys, things are getting weird. I am getting out of my car yesterday after getting home from work and my neighbor pops out of his garage. He and his wife are in the process of having their plumbing replaced, so they were cleaning out their storage room. Anyway he hands me this poster tube with a Porsche lable on it which says "1988 Porsche Inside" and says he figures I'd like this. There is a poster inside of a red 951. I guess this was some sort of sales promotion because the license plate on the car has his last name on it.

I am not a big believer in subliminal messaging, but I am starting to wonder if the Porsche gods are telling me something...Hmm, when we sell the house, we'll have some extra money...951 money?
My mechanic has one of those two. HE told me that what happens is that Porsche will send out these posters to people who can afford their new car. Been doing it since teh 70's I beleive!
Old 09-10-2004, 10:46 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Bloodraven:
The funny thing is that my neighbor is probably the last person who would ever consider buying a Porsche. Cars, for him, appear to be just a means to get from A to B.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:20 AM
boffam
Advanced

Just bought a brand new used version of this CD from Amazon.com. At least, I hope it was a CD and not a frickin reel-to-reel.

I couldn't resist. What clinched it was when my wife came into my office, I showed her the track listing, and we spent the next 1/2 hour singing the songs.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Mel928944
Advanced

To those looking for the hits of the 80s collection - check out the Time-Life set (about 8 CDs). Covered most of the hits. One of my favs - Flock of Seagulls, "I Ran"...'82 I believe. Still used for today's ads, as in Grand Theft Auto. I really enjoy driving an 80s car with 80s music, just the era, the bands, the time when the 928s and 944s were in their heydey. And talking about 80s, how about those Porsche ads on Road and Track..."Technical Series". These ads are a big part of what sold me to these cars.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:29 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by jenket944
Hell, I grew up in the 80's and I only remember one of those songs. But that's for another thread...

How can you not remember those songs???? Was it the drugs....

Maybe, it's because of the drugs that I remember the songs.... Never mind....

I have a great collection of 80s songs.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:35 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Mel928944
I really enjoy driving an 80s car with 80s music, just the era, the bands, the time when the 928s and 944s were in their heydey.

I have a few CDs burned of 80s hairbands and love driving while listening to the Rock of that era.

But nothing quite does it as New Wave.

Remember the scene from Adam Sandler's movie "The Wedding Singer" When Drew Barrymore's character's boyfriend gets the Delorean and the Miami Vice theme is playing in his car.......
Old 10-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

I had one of those in my apartment in NYC with my name on the plate. I dont know what happened to it but my buddy has one framed over his bed in his parents house.

last summer I got permission to steal it. When the red S2 was stolen I forgot about stealing the picture. with a stone gray S2 I have less desire to steal the picture.

Quick Reply: Interesting 951 Sighting