Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Icheshark's battery cable kit.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 01:31 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts
Default Installed Icheshark's battery cable kit.

Wow, what a project. It was not technically difficult but tedious in some areas.

Lessons learned:

It was aserious pain to get the starter to alternator cable under the intake manifold. If you are comfortable with removing the intake manifold, I recommend it.

I recommend a lift if you access to one to make it easier to raise and lower the car. Otherwise, Do as much in the engine bay as possible before going to the starter. You will have to raise the car to remove the old starter cables and then feed in the new ones. You'll also need to raise the car to get to the bottom of the alternator heat shield/cooling duct. A lift will limit your time in your back.

Have a helper! I did this while the wife was at work and an extra pair of hands would have been nice.

It's definatley a worthwhile upgrade and highly recommended. Go for the auxilliary positive that connects to the fuse box.

Quick Reply: Installed Icheshark's battery cable kit.