Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker Replacement - Exact sizes and misc

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 01:07 PM
phil0618
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Speaker Replacement - Exact sizes and misc

Hi All,

First off, I just acquired my 94 Guards Red 968 Coupe two days ago and I've already been able to use the forums for research and assistance so my hats off to those of you who contribute your expertise.

My car is in great shape, but I am an audiophile and want to focus some time on quieting the car and doing a serious upgrade to the stereo system. I have the 10 speaker system and I have some reasonable experience with car audio and removing door panels etc... I'd love to correspond with like-minded people who have done serious audio upgrades.

My questions...

1. Sound deadener. I know Dynamat is the big name, but anyone have any other cheaper brands/approaches they can recomend? I'm planning to focus initially on the floor/chassis and rear deck. Then the front doors. Any other thoughts?

2. Anyone have EXACTmeasurements of the speakers, mounting holes and the offsets for the holes to use the factory mounting and screws? I'm contemplating the use of raw high end drivers - Audax, Seas, Vifa etc and it would be nice to know some of this speaker sizing info prior to pulling the door panels.

3. I don't have the plastic liners in the rear wheel wells. I suspect its because I have the 18 inch 3 piece knock offs with 265/30 P-zeroes. Are these tires too large to accomodate the liners? I suspect that part of the road noise issue might be related to the lack of liners in the rear so I wanted to check this out.

I'd also like any good photos of people who have done installations. I am a DSL user so sending pictures including large / high res pics is no problem. You can send them directly to phil0618@pacbell.net if you'd like.

Thanks in advance.

Phil
Old 09-01-2004, 01:24 PM
Adam H
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome.

For sound deadener, I hear RAAMmat (www.raamaudio.com/) is good. No idea about the other stuff.

Quick Reply: Speaker Replacement - Exact sizes and misc