Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing roof liner/headliner vinyl?? (Pictures Added!!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004 | 11:07 AM
Little Porsche Boy
Instructor

From: Auburn, Washington & San Diego ............................. Terry

If you can't find the right thickness at an auto upholstery shop, try an aircraft upholsterer. There might be one at Mather Field or Sacramento Intl.
Old 09-24-2004 | 04:36 PM
ckathens
Drifting

Just to update everyone. I did eventually get material from World Upholstery (which ended up being the wrong kind). They were very nice about the whole situation and let me exchange it for another kind of black vinyl (which apparently was used for older 911's). It has a little bit of a "crushed" look to it but barely enough to notice.

I'll be beginning my installation tomorrow and taking lots of pics to post for everyone's enjoyment (and education!)

Any suggestions for what kind of adhesive to use?

Old 09-24-2004 | 04:58 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ckathens
Just to update everyone. I did eventually get material from World Upholstery (which ended up being the wrong kind). They were very nice about the whole situation and let me exchange it for another kind of black vinyl (which apparently was used for older 911's). It has a little bit of a "crushed" look to it but barely enough to notice.

I'll be beginning my installation tomorrow and taking lots of pics to post for everyone's enjoyment (and education!)

Any suggestions for what kind of adhesive to use?

Check out the usual car parts sources, NAPA, Kragen, etc etc. There are adhesives meant for vinyl and such specifically.

Quick Reply: Replacing roof liner/headliner vinyl?? (Pictures Added!!)