Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proof the "our car is great" posts are foolish

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004 | 02:02 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Before this thread shoots off to the abyss, lemme turn the temp up a bit. Take your F-body and run it hard, not riceboy hard like slammin gears to make it feel faster, but run it like you're going to win a REAL race and not that 1/4 mile BS. Take my 315K daily runner and do the same, by this winter I'll need tires and maybe struts, you precious little F-body will be as loose as a 90 year old gangbag queen. I've seen them plenty, yeah, new it may be a runner, but it won't last and while it rusts into the scrapyard, I'd bet my car is still going on the original motor. THAT IS WHAT I LIKE ABOUT MY 944!
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:03 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Tom R.
On a defensive note Pete.

While every car board is a "enthusiast" board, the vast majority of enthusiasts are car enthusiasts, not marque enthusiasts.

Just showing that the "my car is great" threads are going to get the same responses on every board.

Put the same thread on the Hyundai board, and you will get the same answers.

How bout narrrow minded people making personal attacks for a tongue in cheek comment? Show me where I made a personal attack on anyone, or any 944?

Instead of bashing other vehicles, people should acknowledge the virtues of the other cars out there. That leads to civilized and decent discussion. That's also the difference between a car enthusiast and a marque enthusiast.

End of defensive note

And if that is a troll...
From Section 5 of the Rennlist Charter:

The list administrator(s) reserve the right to unsubscribe and ban members who act in an intentionally inflammatory, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, racist or demeaning manner, or in a manner inconsistent with this charter, using any Rennlist system or message communication technology. Further, no private communications can be posted publicly, without the permission of the party that send you that private e-mail/message, as these are typically used to incite Flame wars. It is not our intent to stifle communications, but to insure that free and open communications can take place.

The key here is "Intentionally Inflammatory". You have to have known the response this kind of thing would get.
The "My car is great" thread that you say started this was not that at all. The subject was 'why is it so much fun to drive the crap out of a 944'. No one said that 944's were the greatest car ever and that was not the intent of the thread starter. It was then turned into a 'my Camaro is better than a 944' thread. People here do acknowledge the virtues of other cars quite a bit. Most members own cars other than Porsches too. But this being a Porsche website, the vast majority do own Porsches and are justifiably proud of them. It therefore shouldn't suprise you that some members took offense at some of the things you posted in that thread. It would be just like someone walking into your house and telling you your wife and kids are ugly.

So whaddya say? Do you understand where I'm coming from here?
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:03 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Angry

Originally Posted by Chris_924s
Yadda yadda yadda.. pushing the wrong buttons, there, Tom R. ..yadda yadda.

Hopefully you will understand my "Lawn Guyeland" speak.

"Never said anything derogotory"- is that before you edited your earlier posts?

For a relatively smart guy you sure are dumb here. Did some State Rep owe your dad a favor in order to get you into the profession you are in? I must admit I'm confused. You are anything BUT fair and impartial. You stir the proverbial pot. Get angry at people who have'nt crossed your path earlier. Wrongly accuse others.

I'd bet money you have a dark-faced lawn jocky in your yard- and probably encourage ethnic cleansing.

Go back to your bourbon and your robe.
Whoa, cowboy.

That ethnic cleansing crap is pretty low, and uncalled for. I have no doubt you are a great guy. I also have no doubt you wouldn't say that in person to me.

Apology accepted, and I am not angry at anyone.
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:04 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Andy.. " F-body will be as loose as a 90 year old ".. Instant Classic!
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:08 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nine-44
I've seen them plenty, yeah, new it may be a runner, but it won't last and while it rusts into the scrapyard, I'd bet my car is still going on the original motor. THAT IS WHAT I LIKE ABOUT MY 944!
That was the whole point of THIS THREAD before it got trashed. Glad the point got across.
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:11 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

For any who may be interested, here is the Rennlist Charter.
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:11 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

I call 'em as I see 'em.

I have no qualms saying anything here I wouldnt say directly to your face. I'm pretty straightforward and posess to vocabulary to express myself accurately.

Now that I have your attention- You are pissing off the wrong people.
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:15 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Oh boy. My sad attempts at diversion have failed.

Let me be the first person to request that this thread be taken to OT, so that new visitors to this site do not see this thread and think that it is the norm. Let's wait until they become grizzled veterans and pay for a membership (that way they get access to OT and at that point we have them anyway...........muhahahah.).

Seriously.
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:18 PM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

LOL, I've never been to the OT forum, I come here for the cars. but,you post some BS on the forums and it's open season on that a..
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:21 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

This will be moved out of here later today. First though, I want to hear Toms response to my last post.
What happens then is his choice, but he must choose wisely.
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:34 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

hmmm....too tense forum, the solution:

POST MORE GRID GIRLS!!!

Andy
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:35 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Pete,
The why does it feel like i am in third post was tongue in cheek. Tony K got it before some peoples panties got in a knot and some of the kids made death threats, peoples signatures became inflamatory. and the post became a camaro bashing.

This thread was definitely not intended to be inflammatory. The last sentence reads:

Originally Posted by Tom R.
Members of other forums should post the first thread there too and see what happens.
I think it is interesting that many of the replies are interchangeable.

To bring religion, ethnic cleansing, and other personal attacks into it. Over a car? Like the murder trial Oprah sat on over $50. Comon lets not say everyone else has clean hands here.

Hey, lets all have some cereal.

Edit: Andy, me thinks me has to agree with you this time.
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:37 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheStig
hmmm....too tense forum, the solution:
POST MORE GRID GIRLS!!!
No Andy. The 944 Forum can do without threads like this one and it's the Moderator's job to ensure that. That's whats being discussed here. It may be tense, but it's got to be done.

Tom R., you are the quintessential hypocrite casting the stone and then hiding your hand. Heck, you even delete your posts after they've been responded to. How cynical is that?

The Moderator and others are sick of your BS and either you clean up your act or you're going to have worn out your welcome around here, I'm afraid.
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:39 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

ok guys, enough, a round of beers on me tonight, from the privacy of our own homes! Let's get tanked and help eachother out with our cars now and put all the disorder behind us.

Andy
Old 08-27-2004 | 02:40 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Originally Posted by TheStig
ok guys, enough, a round of beers on me tonight, from the privacy of our own homes! Let's get tanked and help eachother out with our cars now and put all the disorder behind us.

Andy
Me thinks you talk about getting drunk too much here. Maybe you should pour some of that beer money into your car instead .

Quick Reply: Proof the "our car is great" posts are foolish