Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cars for sale (and back in MS) pics of 85 too :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 03:12 AM
Micah
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Cars for sale (and back in MS) pics of 85 too :)

Well, came back to Columbus after two weeks of leave back in Indiana. While there, Jerad and I had a chance to test drive a pair of 944s that were for sale and I thought I'd throw out a quick write up for each if anyone is interested:

First was 91 S2 Cab for $8900. Guy said he would go down to $7500. Second owner 95k. Sounded like a dream - turned out to be a pretty average car. Stone Gray on Dove leather... interior needed help No tears in the seats - but it was the first time I'd seen a dove gray interior up close, and apparently this car had a pretty common issue - the interior color is susceptible to discoloration from the sun. The dash and upper portions of the door panels had turned brown (!) There were no dash cracks, but the discoloration was pretty obvious. Car had dents, needed some areas (near the pass. side rear 1/4 in particular) touched up. Plenty of power, shifted like a dream. New top. Due for belts - tensioner pad(s) had been replaced! Needed A-arms as well. Had LSD and sport suspension.

Second was an 84 944, guards on black. ~75k on the old 5-digit odo. Probably original. Car was in really nice shape exterior and interior wise and I was trying to be picky. Sunroof-delete car. On the drive (Jerad was behind the wheel while the owner crammed himself into the pass. seat and I was sitting lengthwise in the back...) the car became very hot - nearly into the shaded portion of the temp gauge. According to the owner, the belts/pump had been "done by my boy." Yee haw! Hold on to your socks - asking $5900.

If you want more information about the cars and/or directions, let me know. Since I never post up pictures of my car (as it's currently being babied in Bloomington, far away from this place) here are a few from this past week

Micah
Old 08-23-2004, 03:43 AM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Micah, I looked at the same S2 cab. The body was not perfect as you mentioned, but the interior was a real turnoff. I have never seen a-pillars that had the vinyl separate like that. My dad was pretty interested in it, but he has a short attention span with things like this.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:04 AM
Micah
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike,

Yeah... the top of the dashboard being brown really soured the deal for me. The vinyl on the A-pillars was so bad it almost looked like it had been taken off at some point. The passenger one was especially wavy. Did you also notice the way some of the vinyl behind the seats had taken on a green tint?

Micah
Old 08-23-2004, 04:17 AM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, the interior needs some serious work. With all of the fading and discoloration, I thought the car might have spent a long period of time outside in an especially sunny state. After running the carfax, it only showed up being titled in NY and IN...not that carfax it always right, but his at least checked out with the guy's story. My dad was looking into getting a Boxster, but he and my mom liked the potential the S2 had/has. Plus, it doesn't help that I keep reminding my dad that I have a spare 951 engine just begging for a new home....preferrably a home with a soft top.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cars for sale (and back in MS) pics of 85 too :)