Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sad story..also hurts the eyes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 06:58 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

I am really glad I didnt get that 1983 944, as my first car. I would have done some careless, I-am-invincible-because-I-have-a-Porsche things too. After so many suspended licenses, and outrageously high insurance rates- my Ricky Racer days are done....thanx to Skip Barber. Driving safely, responsibly, and in full-control of your chosen vehicle...is now a survival objective.

Zach
Old 08-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Joe Anstett
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_924s
WE KNOW how these cars can break loose - but unexperienced drivers dont- this is the point.

A little reverence is in order for someone who is un-experienced.

WE have experience behind the wheel in unusual situations- others dont.
Man, I never thought I'd turn into one of those old geezer "I told you so" guys. But that makes me glad I had a 70 hp Isuzu as my first car. Every teenager wants a sports car, I certainly did. But I didn't get one. Hell, I didn't get one until I was 30.

I'm 35 now and I wouldn't drive a car recklessly, let alone 3 1/2 hours after taking ownership, AND with three passengers in the car.

DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. Shows no respect for the car and what it can do for (or *to*) you.

I just had my 1st open track experience at Pocono, and there were ricers there doing incredibly stupid things on the track. Like I told my friends, you have to respect even the weakest car on the track as a driver and don't be stupid.

Quick Reply: Sad story..also hurts the eyes.