Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check this out.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brett951
My wife, bless her, on my Porsche ownership and other things in life, tells me to do what makes me happy, and I in return do what I can to make her happy.
Sounds a lot like my wife and marriage. You're a lucky man.

I related my story on another thread of how I bought my Porsche and my wife's reaction. Not that I would deny my wife anything we could swing, to this day when my wife asks if she can buy something, my response is "Are you kidding? I have a race car. Do you think I'd dream of saying no?" And I'm very happy to say that. She's very reasonable and I'll do everything in my power to make her happy.

Originally Posted by Brett951
Two final thoughts - 1) a Porsche, wonderful as they are, is a thing it can never truly love you back (though it sure gives nice hugs through the twisties ) 2) Its a nice thing to have someone else out there who cares about your hapiness, and have the assurance of that promise made in marriage that they DO love you.
Amen to that. Of course, one must beware of those who would make that promise, but not care about honoring it. That can me hell. I know.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Butler
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 23 and still going to school = no $$ , my girlfriend, she's 24, of 6 months has a job making some good cash. She hasn't been talking about any ring yet, but she has offered to buy parts for my 944....I think I might have to marry this one, she is almost too good to be true
Old 08-19-2004, 08:51 PM
Bryans951
Burning Brakes

I bought the car and ring with the same loan. What does that mean??
Old 08-19-2004, 10:01 PM
Brett951
Advanced

Geo - sounds like we are both lucky men
Bryan - that means you have a good bank
Butler - does indeed sound like a "keep her"
Judson - the juries still out, if she doesn't share your passion for Porsche, but understands it well enough and/or loves you enough to say "whatever makes you happy", then points in her favor. Depends on the rest of the communication around showing you that article. If meant to push points against, if she can show you that and laugh about it then again, points for her. She may be a keep her too... :-)

Quick Reply: Check this out.......