Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE OFFICIAL CT GET TOGETHER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 09:45 AM
ERAU-944
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE OFFICIAL CT GET TOGETHER THREAD

hokay,

so i will be in town(my old crib) from tuesday to saturday next week(enfield), and we're all tossing around the idea of a get together. one CT resident said any day but friday, and some wonky rhode islander wanted to come. the RI's are fine with me, i roomed with one at college. my only gripe was all the country music. if you don't play country music you're welcome

so, lets decide what date and time we can get together and obsess about 944s and other p-cars.

-Mike-
Old 08-13-2004, 10:04 AM
97xray
Burning Brakes

Mike,
My place, about 45minutes east-southeast (good roads) of Hartford is officially offered for the GTG.
If you're not actually "leaving" on Saturday, then I propose a Friday night gathering.
Since our house was just broken into (AND the porsche was hit, all in three days!), we're dead broke. But I have a regular sized Weber grill and my wife and I would love to have some porsche people down.

We don't have the best parking immediately at the house (about three - four spots off the street, more "on the street"), nor a particularly great place for drives - but for a less active bunch (read: rather sit around and chat), our place might be great. There is parking across the street at the Salvation Army, or is it a Red Cross, hmm... where DO I live.

Okay folks, lets plan this thing.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:07 AM
ERAU-944
Race Car

we are leaving on saturday unfortunately i hate having to do it during the week, but unless i miss it there isn't much choice. i'd say thursday or friday night. i'd say let everyone else decide where... your place sounds good to me though.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:21 AM
fiercestcalm
Advanced

Either Thursday or Friday evening should work for me and Willimantic is not far from where I am at all. I agree, it definitely would be great to meet with some other Porsche people!
Old 08-13-2004, 10:25 AM
97xray
Burning Brakes

Great!
I'm still pushing for Friday.
I would LOVE to have a close up look at that 951.
What did you end up doing about the brakes?
Unfortunately my entire garage was just moved up to MA (our new house) or I'd say we could do all the brake work in < 1 hour.
I could get everything necessary (except my compressor) back down here if you were interested.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:53 AM
fiercestcalm
Advanced

Thanks so much for the offer, but I did get them done. Ended up having the brakes AND the clutch done. The clutch ended up turning into a no-choice situation when the fork broke. It was all the original parts with 122K miles on them, so I had the whole job done. Needless to say, I totally know how you feel about the "broke" part!! Had new motor mounts put on too. It runs really nice, big difference from before. Basically there are two things left at this point that concern me -- one is that I don't know when the timing belt was last done. If you guys can give me any input or help with that, that would be very cool. I totally can't afford to bring her into the shop for anything else this year. The other thing, which is minor, but extremely irritating, is that the shift **** rattles. I've fiddled with it a few times to no avail. It's an aftermarket **** that the previous owner put on and I don't know if there is an easy fix to this or if I have to get a different ****.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:06 AM
ERAU-944
Race Car

hey, maybe we could turn it into a timing belt party? my buddy needs his done on his 85.5
Old 08-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ERAU-944
hokay,
and some wonky rhode islander wanted to come. the RI's are fine with me, i roomed with one at college. my only gripe was all the country music. if you don't play country music you're welcome

-Mike-

HAH! wonky.. Ok, i'll ignore that.

Who really listens to country anyway? Was he from Foster/Glocester by any chance? Just for a little jog into the past.. i played high school basketball teh last 4 years, and during warmups every team would have a stereo going, usually wiht whatever rap is "hip" at the time. (you know, its basketball, its always rap). But then you go to ponagansett high school (PMS - Foster and Glocester's school) and they would blast all kinds of country **** for their warmups... Wasn't very easy to get into the warmups ya know?

hah..

Well, friday is cool for me too, any day really. If it does end up being a timing belt party and someone wants to help me change mine, it'd be cool. Hehe. (btw my engine is early engine, not late). Probably going to just stretch my luck until the winter though, and do water pump and everything...
Old 08-13-2004, 06:26 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys - I was the one who can't make it on Friday. I start school that day and it goes into the evening. Thursday would be fine with me.

Also - Ive been looking for some early interior parts if anyone is parting out a car and wants to bring along and sell/swap parts

I hope this all works out, it would be nice to meet some fellow CT people on here!

Erich
Old 08-13-2004, 06:39 PM
ERAU-944
Race Car

erich i have a black sunroof liner in good shape that i've had waiting to ship to shutemup, but he hasn't got back to me in awhile. i think thats the last of the black interior that i have. i'd be fine with thursday, as long as everyone else is, i'd really like to include everyone. i'm sure most would like it on friday since there's no work on saturday
Old 08-14-2004, 08:05 PM
97xray
Burning Brakes

I'd still push for Friday, but I hate to exclude you, Erich.
Thursday's not bad - just better Friday...
Let's start a tally.
Anyone who actually wants to get together, and will drive out, post here.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:08 PM
SKooT1027
Pro

If i find a nice 944 and buy it w/in the week i will. I doubt ill be lucky enough to find a good one that quickly, but one can hope...
Old 08-14-2004, 11:47 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are we set on a date yet? Who else in CT is up for this? Lets get a date set and a list...

Erich
Old 08-15-2004, 04:06 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For the tally, i will go to a get together and drive out!
Old 08-15-2004, 09:23 AM
ERAU-944
Race Car

friday would be my last night there, so thursday would probably be better for me as well.

if its at all possible, can we have it on thursday?

Quick Reply: THE OFFICIAL CT GET TOGETHER THREAD